My Alpine Loves Me

well does it charge ur ipod? and also do u have to get the imprint module

Yes it will charge your ipod. And I know for certain it charged a girl "I knew" iphone for her.

I don't have the imprint equipment, however I still haven't replaced my front components, so for now I have no need for it. However the word on imprint is it's simply "the shit" as in quite amazing. So once I get components I'll go get it done.

As if it's a great H/U? Yes, simply yes. IMO one of the best I've ever worked with. That's why I bought it. :)

BTW, the halloween animation is cool as well.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I love my 9886 by far the best head unit I have evr owned, and I will never buy anything but an alpine head unit from now on, next is the alpine in-dash haha

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Cant say enough good things about this head unit. Put the imprint on it, it will really start to show off then.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Cant say enough good things about this head unit. Put the imprint on it, it will really start to show off then.

I will, I will, Just give me a few, I'm hoping to order components this week and it'll finally be ready for imprint. :D

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

The imprint is a tricky item though.... I have ran it probably twenty times or better. It takes some trial and error to get it where you like it. everything can alter the outcome , mic position, outside noise, warming up or not warming up your speakers , amp settings... the subs , no matter what ya do will always be a bit less louder with the imprint turned on, but they will sound a whole better. I have found that turning down the input voltage, and turning down any kind of bass boost on your amp helps alot. Then after you run the imprint, turn it back up to the right spot using a voltmeter .

Lemme give ya a link that will help you out later...

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member...-ktx-100eq.html

I had a crutchfield forum thread bookmarked , but I cant find it now... must of deleted a while back....

One of the biggest complaints is that the imprint sorta "restricts " the volume to a certain level, and it only does that if you have your amps turned up to much, as a fail safe from damaging your speakers. Now, I have found that with it on, I get a super balanced, well staged sound from my system.... If I ever was to meter though, I would turn off the imprint. The subs are way louder with it off, but they certainly dont sound anywhere near as clean and punchy, or tonally accurate with it off. You will just have to try it for yourself to see. Crutchfield used to rent out the KTX-100EQ , they may still. the retail on it is around 250.00 , you may find it cheaper if you shop around.

As my sig say, this thing is sound quality for dummies. I am no where near experienced enough to tackle something like a RF360 , nor do I own a RTA..... and this thing made my system really come together. The IASCA judging disc is my favorite way to show it off. The opening track really shows off just how well the imprint does its job , if you turn it on and off during the track.

Hit me up if you have any questions about it once you get it.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

The imprint is a tricky item though.... I have ran it probably twenty times or better. It takes some trial and error to get it where you like it. everything can alter the outcome , mic position, outside noise, warming up or not warming up your speakers , amp settings... the subs , no matter what ya do will always be a bit less louder with the imprint turned on, but they will sound a whole better. I have found that turning down the input voltage, and turning down any kind of bass boost on your amp helps alot. Then after you run the imprint, turn it back up to the right spot using a voltmeter .

Lemme give ya a link that will help you out later...

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member...-ktx-100eq.html

I had a crutchfield forum thread bookmarked , but I cant find it now... must of deleted a while back....

One of the biggest complaints is that the imprint sorta "restricts " the volume to a certain level, and it only does that if you have your amps turned up to much, as a fail safe from damaging your speakers. Now, I have found that with it on, I get a super balanced, well staged sound from my system.... If I ever was to meter though, I would turn off the imprint. The subs are way louder with it off, but they certainly dont sound anywhere near as clean and punchy, or tonally accurate with it off. You will just have to try it for yourself to see. Crutchfield used to rent out the KTX-100EQ , they may still. the retail on it is around 250.00 , you may find it cheaper if you shop around.

As my sig say, this thing is sound quality for dummies. I am no where near experienced enough to tackle something like a RF360 , nor do I own a RTA..... and this thing made my system really come together. The IASCA judging disc is my favorite way to show it off. The opening track really shows off just how well the imprint does its job , if you turn it on and off during the track.

Hit me up if you have any questions about it once you get it.

Well actually one thing I was considering is eventually adding an epicenter to my system, would you happen to know if it will matter if I get the imprint done before or after the epicenter. I wouldn't use the epicenter with auto EQ (imprint) however it would be used whenever I wanted to have fun probably with random tracks.

You think it would matter if I got the imprint done first then it wouldn't affect the imprint adding the epicenter later? I highly doubt I would be using both at the same time, so that's why I was thinking it wouldn't matter.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-...hints-tips.html

here is another really good link.

As far as the epicenter goes, once your "imprint" a tuning curve into the deck, it is locked in, until you imprint it again. I would consider imprinting your deck first, then if you want to add a epicenter , do that after.

My Kulicki Box Build

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, but that 20 dollar cable is money well spent. Alpine has worked very close with Apple to get the integration down to a software science. Hell, just look at the new decks with no CD drive , they are portable media and airwave music capable only. I love the ease of operation with the ipod and the deck. the only thing that does bug me, is when I scroll through the playlist or song titles, the screen menu goes up when you turn the dial down, and when up you turn the wheel up , the screen menu scroll the lists and song names down. It is kinda weird...

My Kulicki Box Build

Archived