Bad Resin Wont Dry!

alrite so i have been taking my time on fiberglassing the inside of my enclosure and i have been told never to buy resin from lowes becasue they dont rotate their stock. well i needed it fast so i bought a gallon from there. the mojority of the gallon worked great but after there was amybee a quarter of it left i decided to use the rest and coat my braces and mat one side wall. the side wall with mat on it dried fine but my braces and anyware that i didnt use mat wont dry! its been 5 days now and ive had a light on it and my garage is heated so idl what to do. i made sure and mixed it extra good and i put more than the normal amount of hardener in just incase... it has dried a littl ebit since then but its still really sticky to the touch. if anyone could give me any tips on this it wuld be great!

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

Dude, I had the same problem except it was bad hardener when I was building my box. Don't freak out though yet. You can put some heat lamps on it and it has a good chance of hardening if you said that it did actually harden a little already.

Otherwise, you can wipe it out. Get some old towels, (not papertowels, they'll just break up) and wipe it all out. Then after you've gotten as much as you possibly can get out, do another batch of just resin and hardener, don't add any glass on this layer. Do little amounts at a time because you'll need to work fast with it. Mix it PRETTY damn hot, you're going to want to make this coat kick in the reaction of the leftover amounts of resin that didn't work.

Let us know how everything is turning out man.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Another thing, incase you're not doing this already, screw the instructions on the resin cans. Always use the chart in this forum. It's a sticky up top in this sub forum.

If you're ever unsure about the temperature being too cold or humid and you're worried about it not curing, don't be afraid to add a LITTLE more hardener. Just work in smaller amounts of resin so you can get it all layed out before it curing kicks in. Never OVER do the hardener though or it can get WAY too hot and If I'm correct it just yields the resin to be too brittle in the end.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived