Second Skin Audio

1 Alpine Type X vs 2 Type R's

Which would serve me better?  Daily driven, no competition so metering isnt a concern.  Looking for SPL and SQ though.  Will go ported or t-line (if i can get it sounding good in a t line)

Basically, would 1 12 with 1000w handling be better than 2 12's with 500 watts each.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

just like those two links said. the type X is more of an SQ sub, and the Type R is more of an SPL sub. BTW I have heard a couple of Type R's and they are pretty damn loud, and actually sound damn good. I personally would go for those.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

i cna vouch for the Type Rs, they wang hardcore. im gonna have to build a custom box for the bitches here soon, there not like this whole prefab shit.

im running 2 type R twelves off of 2 kenwood KAX 9102D [about 850-900WRMS] and then wang. ive vibrated the screws that hold my rearview mirror on all the way out, my spoiler come loose, my dash is vibrating apart, my sunroof seals are slowly blowing out. and ive only had them in since.... saturday?

if you want something to wang, and still sound good, DEFINATLY go type Rs, if you want straight up sq, go Type X.

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

Thanks for all the feedback guys.  I think I'll go with the 2 r's.  I'm young and i want it loud haha.  I'm sure I'll be doing an SQ setup in a few years, but for now, I'll go with R's. 

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall