Sonic Electronix

what could be the cause of my amp only getting 5. 43 volts when my car is running but getting its full 12.89 when its not running?

i checked the battery its always above 12v. but when i touch the + and - when its running it shows the 5 and a bit which im pretty sure is causing it to go into protection mode, but when my car is off it shows 12v

check all your grounds and power wires

get your batt tested.

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

i double checked my power wire thats all good. my ground im gonna double check tomoro, and when i was checking things out and i hook every thing up except the remote so the amp doesnt turn on yet then i connect and it turns on for a second then goes off, and i used my multimeter and it shows once it turns on the volts drop. and i dont understand how my battery would get messed up only when the amp is on

Check your main fuse. It might be blown, often invisibly, but still slightly conductive so it can provide enough current to make it read 12v on your multimeter when the amp is off but can't take the current draw of the amp being turned on.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Check your main fuse. It might be blown, often invisibly, but still slightly conductive so it can provide enough current to make it read 12v on your multimeter when the amp is off but can't take the current draw of the amp being turned on.

+1..didnt think about that.

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

Archived