Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Blowthrough ?'s


00_XJ

Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently traded my 10" solobaric for a Memphis M3 Mojo 15 to my buddy who also has a regular cab truck. So I figured why the hell not buy another and do a blowthrough in my Ranger.

Now for the questions, work with me....

My back wall measures 34" so if I did a box like The Flying Sausage V.1 there would be no way to port it. So would I be better off doing a bandpass box like Chode's except only 2 15's? As far as SPL of course.

Next, if I were to do a box like chodes how would I go about calculating how big of a hole to cut into the cab?

Since I don't trust my self to hack away at my truck, will any body shop be willing to cut the hole for me?

Does cutting a hole into the bed and cab make the truck less stable/unsafe?

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions since I like to be educated on things before trying them so just bear with me

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

Posted

Well I cant answer everything for you. Ill answer the parts about the truck itself , since I dont want to embarass myself by sayting something retarded. BUT Im a shop would cut it. They do anything for a small cost. And After the hole is there, personally I would do somesort of bracing in the cab, Im sure you dont like little rattles everywhere.

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

Posted

If your going to to only one of them.....4th order bandpass would do you well..pm me if interested I will give you specs on box to check out.

Posted

my cut out for the blowthrough was just about the same as my port hole. so that way the end of the box matched up with the wall of the truck and the air was all forced into the cab. my style box was tuned VERY low. awesome for screwed and chopped and for jeezy, lil jon and e-40 and such. there was NO OUTPUT for higher end bass. if you want something like mine see what DR.DB can come up with. and dont worry about cancellation.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

 

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

 

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

 

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Posted

bandpass is the way to go. i started out with ported in mine and it slammed real hard real low. too low. I put the 4th order in and it's a tad quiter and has a very nice range. It plays everything.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 562 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...