Sundown Audio

Will One Saz3kd Be Enough For Two 18" Btls

Mostar

Title explains it...I have (2) 18" Btls D1 going in a 13 ft^3 after displacement with 160 in^2 of port @ around 35 htz, and I have one SAZ3KD for now and wanted to know if this would be enough to get them loud... Eventually i wanna get another sundown and strap them at 1 ohm but I will need to beef up my electrical first. (Its going in a GMC Envoy/ Subs up port back) what do you guys think?

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

thats a semi decent enough amount for the subs.hell ive seen sum BTL having 500 rms and they were BUMPING>

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I guess I am looking at at others like meade and other heavy hitters pushing 4k+ to each sub...then i second guess myself, but eventually i will get there...

'05 GMC Envoy

Guest reestblazer

go visit www.trailvoy.com and check out other trailblazer and envoy owners rides, i drive a 2007 chevy trailblazer and im a team sundown member, ive got a 300A excessive amperage alt 3 runs of 1/0 from front to back, and 2 kinetik 2400s in the back, and a single sundown 3k at .5 ohm will bring my voltage from 15.1 to 13 flat at full tilt

go visit www.trailvoy.com and check out other trailblazer and envoy owners rides, i drive a 2007 chevy trailblazer and im a team sundown member, ive got a 300A excessive amperage alt 3 runs of 1/0 from front to back, and 2 kinetik 2400s in the back, and a single sundown 3k at .5 ohm will bring my voltage from 15.1 to 13 flat at full tilt

I have a 200A EA Alt, 2 runs of 1/0, red top up front and an Odyssey PC1500 out back right now...I am stationed in Alaska and good Batteries are hard to find or too expensive to ship here...hopefully that will be enough for 1 SAZ3K @ 1ohm...

'05 GMC Envoy

With a box that big they will bump with 3kw between them.

But then it might be a little on the large side for when they have 3kw+ each... hrm... though your port is at the smaller end of the scale so you'll probably be ok.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I have a 200A EA Alt, 2 runs of 1/0, red top up front and an Odyssey PC1500 out back right now...I am stationed in Alaska and good Batteries are hard to find or too expensive to ship here...hopefully that will be enough for 1 SAZ3K @ 1ohm...

If you are in Anchorage you can have a custom battery built at AK battery, or go to Batteries Plus on International/Arctic...

Archived