Question About Fi

why do they say that the btl is rated 1000 watts rms. people put 4,000-5,000 watts. why do they only say 1000 watts rms, it seems like it would hurt there sales, but i guess if youre spending that much on one subwoofer you know what it an actually do.

also do i ask too many questions on this site. i feel like whenever i have a car question i just come here.

Edited by MTX J30
Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Ummm its rated at 2000wrms STOCK....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Because if an idiot that doesn't know what they're doing puts 1500w of horrible clipping to a BTL it will smoke.

It's mostly Fi covering their ass I think. The 'true' power handling of any high end sub is in that group of 'If you need to ask...' questions.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

They can take 4000-5000 watts but idk about daily. But beefier subs like the btl's can usually go quite a bit over their RMS and take it easily. and you can never ask too many questions man, how else u gonna learn all of this stuff bro. :acute:

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

i guess because if they said that they CAN take UP TO 5000rms they wouldnt sell as much

i have a fully loaded one on 2200rms and it hits like a mofo... i wouldnt say a fully loaded 1 need alot of power to really wang but it guess it would definitly be better. mine definitly hits for being on 2200rms fully loaded.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

They can take 4000-5000 watts but idk about daily. But beefier subs like the btl's can usually go quite a bit over their RMS and take it easily. and you can never ask too many questions man, how else u gonna learn all of this stuff bro. :acute:

ok i was just wondering and i guess i read it wrong or was looking at the wrong subwoofer. i want one of these subs so badly.

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Because if an idiot that doesn't know what they're doing puts 1500w of horrible clipping to a BTL it will smoke.

It's mostly Fi covering their ass I think. The 'true' power handling of any high end sub is in that group of 'If you need to ask...' questions.

sorry for jackin thread, but what exactly is clipping.

thats was awesome. ive never seen that. i want to ask you how you did that but im afraid youll do that to me.