Question About Rca Wires.

If my Rca cables are shielded, should I still run them on the opposite side of my power wires. The audio shop I been going to are a little noobish when hooking up car audio. They took 6 and a half hours to install two amps and a battery in a toyota corolla.

It's over 9000!!!

over9000.jpg

If my Rca cables are shielded, should I still run them on the opposite side of my power wires. The audio shop I been going to are a little noobish when hooking up car audio. They took 6 and a half hours to install two amps and a battery in a toyota corolla.

Yes and I'm sure they are just milkin ya

Derp.

Since this is an appropriate title for what i want to ask, ill ask now. What would you say are the Best RCAs available, I want to buy quality RCAs to ensure that I am doing the most I can to reject noise, I have looked at the Stinger HPM 3 series, and JL Audio Blue cables so far

Baylor University

Accounting

As long as I've been installing, I've never had problems running any wires anywhere. Never heard engine noise that was the result of RCAs being near power wire. I guess if all your wire sucks they will work on eachother, but for the most part it just doesn't happen. Although some older cars tend to have it worse than newer ones, but there's usually another underlying issue such as bad grounds, alt whine, etc...

Just run them on opposite sides. You can't go wrong there.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I was looking at those, they look good. I run my RCAs on hte opposite side of my power wire, but i am going to get new RCAs and I want to make sure I am getting the best I can get to help out my cause. Im going to get those ground termianls from stinger as well and a new head unit. I think my entry level RF RCAs suck, punch 8 gauge amp kit RCAs.

Baylor University

Accounting

Archived