First System....nothing Special

I am in Georgia...I don't drive, just have my permit, getting license in March.

I just get to keep draining my battery until I get my license :) lol

I believe a new competitor has been born! Welcome to the carnage and yea it sounds like your subs are wired in parallel which is putting to low of an impedence on your amp causing it to go into protection. If you keep it this way you may blow the amp! I would get a cheap DMM(Digital Mutli Meter) from radio shack and check the load at your amp and see what it is.

If the load is 2ohm at your amp and your bridging it then you need to change it.

The amp is bridgeable, not sure if that matters or not in this case. I will try and get a DMM this weekend then......

Thanks for the help and for the comments!

a lthough the amp is bridgeable it may only be bridgeable at 4 ohms where as you are probably running at 2 depending on the coil configuration of your woofers?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

good start man. i started off with the exact same woofers in my friends corrolla and from there that sparked my profession lol. keep it up

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

I am in Martinez, Georgia right off I-20

I had someone on another forum mention that they think it sounds like they are bottoming out......what do you guys think from the vid?

I think it will be fine once I get to actually drive the truck when I use them, as for now I haven't had the truck running, just the ignition on.

New here ha, but ive been following your updates, I remember when I had my old system which was around the same wattage as your, without the ignition on they would bottom out or the amp would go into protect, with the car running they were fine.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

I will check on the amp for what it is bridgeable to. Since the amp is only a mono and I have 2 subs they bridged them to run off 1 channel. What amp would you guys suggest that wouldn't be overkill for those 2 subs but still be good?

I need to put a battery charger on it so I can let it run and see what it does.....

Thanks for the comments and help!

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...;product_id=243

I have a friend with that amp and he said he doesn't really want anything for it.

What would you guys do? Replace the Alpine 350w amp or can I use it for my door speakers?

Jensen is a 300w MOSFET 2 channel bridgeable and the Alpine is 350w mono bridgeable.

Thanks

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I believe that my issues could be too low of voltage and it is cutting off. Anyways I don't have the vehicle right now so I can't do anything but I did pick up a RF 1/2 fared cap and I will put that in and see if it helps any. I will be getting a RF amp soon also, thinking a RF 400 or 500, not sure yet. Also looking at a few Hifonics amps.

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

Archived