sodfamily Posted January 29, 2009 Report Posted January 29, 2009 Ok, so I was doing some digging around the garage the other day and came across a older but brand new set of FNQ series tweets. (score one for me).... I then went ahead and purchased a set of P1S48. I want to put the 8's in the door and still want to do something in the kicks. I was thinking of getting a pair of 5 1/2's (T152C ) and use the tweeters I already have or would it be better to get a component set and mount the tweeters some where else. Will there be much different in sound quality from a one way to the other. Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887 Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now) Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100 Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star) Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro
11BangBang Posted January 30, 2009 Report Posted January 30, 2009 I dont think there would be a whole lot of diff. component sets just usually come with crossovers designed for them, but it is still just 5.25 and a tweet 2001 Tahoe Alpine IVA-W505 2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW DUAL ALTs 140/220 (2) HIFONICS BXI1280D (1) HIFONICS ZXI6408 (4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25 (4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5 (2) KICKER 15L7 at 1 ohm 4.5 CUBIC@38HZ
Cr@sh Posted January 30, 2009 Report Posted January 30, 2009 You'd be fine with that as long as you cross each speaker over or filter each speaker with passive crossovers or get an electronic crossover. Unless your anal about having the same brand through out! My old install at cardomain, never finished!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.