Old Build To Current Build - 2 Kicker Solox With 2 Xx Goliaths

hi, to start i have a 2005 dodge caravan. I started with 1 kicker solo x 18 dual 1ohm with one hifonics goliath. this is the video of my first build, at 3200watts (hooked up at 2ohm) sorry the quality isnt the best.

Since then i have been saving up money, bought a brand new solox 07 black cone (dual 2ohm) , and a spair cone for the old solox i had. I also bought another xx goliath broken, which is being rebuilt now.

I have taken out the old box and started with the new box here are the pictures: please remeber this is my 2nd build ever, thanks :)

m_a000263362b85990c008dd9f848791c5.jpg

my car above,, below are the pics of the box build

IMG_3248-1.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

here is resined the box, i added alot of layers to the corner, i also use titebond III and 1'' mdf.

IMG_3263.jpg

the front port side i added a 1'' plexi and wanted to flush it with the mdf, so here are the pics of me resigning it , i also screwed it to side pieces of mdf.

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

the plexi got alittle dirty since my friend helping me out took out the cover without knowing, but overall i still liked the way it came out, oh and im the short one in the picture

IMG_3266.jpg

Edited by fenix881

freddy velez

I bet you get a lot of WTF looks like "Is that coming from that Minivan ?" Nice Vid :good: Post some more Pics too :D

lol thanks,, yea i do . here more pics

1'' baffle , i later added another 1'' mdf piece to support the 2 solo x

IMG_3280.jpg

painted the inside , i later added some led lights

IMG_3283.jpg

checking to see how it looks inside the van, then letting the paint dry

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

freddy velez

i put the seat on top to see if the amps fit.

IMG_3304.jpg

the leds put in, and the subs installed:

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

after that i carpeted the box i had a Ma audio amp on top of the box for 4 12'' pa speakers ( pics coming soon).

100_0361.jpg

100_0362.jpg

100_0364.jpg

i will add a few more pictures later tonight or tomorrow how it looks now with the pa speakers.

Since this half finished build i had my car broken into :( (broke my window), they managed to take my ma audio amp, and tried to unbolt the Solox, but those are held down tight and stole a craftsman socket set 109pc from my car too..

a few updates to this build is: i am having one xx goliath rebuilt, bought a new head unit deh-p880prs, pics soon. i am staying with the batteries, no money to buy powermasters,, I am however getting a 290 amp alt from dc power, installing the amps ina different location, and getting another amp to replace the stolen ma audio. a few specs, the box is tuned to about 33hz, w=48, depth =35 height =25 , i will hook up the solox at 1ohm for 10,000 watts :) more pics coming ....

thanks everyone for watching.

freddy velez

damn dude!

thats crazy!! i bet that box was heavy as hell, onlything i didnt see was internal bracing. is there any?

the 880prs is an awesome unit also

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

That's bullshit! Getting broke into before you're even done with the build? I hate thieves!

Kick ass build! Gonna be bangin'

I hope you get an alarm soon. :unsure:

???inside job???

or you have a big mouth talkin bout what you are doing...?

haha

nice build. i believe i saw a vid of this on youtube a while back.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

on a side note. be careful with that many wattsto that solo x in that big of a box wit that much port area.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

damn dude!

thats crazy!! i bet that box was heavy as hell, onlything i didnt see was internal bracing. is there any?

the 880prs is an awesome unit also

yeah the box is heavy,, but i didnt do any bracing, the box fits tight so the side panels of the car will help it from flexing abit. also since it my 2nd box im still learning how to do bracing. i had the 880prs and i love it so far.

freddy velez