Sundown Audio

2k Rms Show Down

IH8PunkRok

Out of your list I have had RF, DD, and Stetsom. My chioce by far would be the Stetsom. Not only do they put out Real Power @ 12.6v but they have very little draw. Small amps and make the power.. The other amps are good as well but If it was my money I would go with Stetsom for sure.

Well ill tell you right now you will blow those 8s with 2 thousand watts. they are only rated at 450, a burp at 1800. I have two eights and im running 1000 watts rms and they are at their limits.

ive had a couple people tell me that the 1508's could take 1k rms but however if they cant i can always turn the amp down. like i said i like headroom. so if i wanna upgrade its very possible.

now joey i like the stetsom and ive always wanted one but however i know that just like everyone else on this forum if i get a better car for bass i WILL upgrade and that will need more amps. so how easy is it to run multiple stesoms?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

ive had a couple people tell me that the 1508's could take 1k rms but however if they cant i can always turn the amp down. like i said i like headroom. so if i wanna upgrade its very possible.

now joey i like the stetsom and ive always wanted one but however i know that just like everyone else on this forum if i get a better car for bass i WILL upgrade and that will need more amps. so how easy is it to run multiple stesoms?

It's not bad at all..... I run 4... It has a Master/Slave button ,and then plug in a data cable..... Then at this point you need a volt meter to line match.... which there is several ways to do it

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

i have the 2kd stetsom and its super easy to set up, it has to knobs on it and its super small and NEVER gets hot, its gotten warm a couple times in the summer without the ac on

and joey ygpm

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Well ill tell you right now you will blow those 8s with 2 thousand watts. they are only rated at 450, a burp at 1800. I have two eights and im running 1000 watts rms and they are at their limits.

also notable 2k amps

Us amps md3d

and the NEW VLX 3de

both bench test well over 2000 watts at 14.4 and above 1500 at 12 volts. both amps retail around 900 bucks but the md3ds are on sale.

but like i said 2000 watts is dangerous for those things. The guys at DD even told me not to run any more than 450 per sub daily.

Ive personally used the DD audio M3 and unless your at .5 ohms they really are not that impressive in my oppinion. They need a serious line driver as well.

i've used the m3 in 3 of my vehicles, and i've never had a problem with them. the do great at 1ohm, but the like .5 better. and i've never had a line driver on mine.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

It's not bad at all..... I run 4... It has a Master/Slave button ,and then plug in a data cable..... Then at this point you need a volt meter to line match.... which there is several ways to do it

whatup joey didnt see any bassick on the ar roll call or lunch list yall commin or what?

oh yea stetsom is a strong amp!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

whatup joey didnt see any bassick on the ar roll call or lunch list yall commin or what?

oh yea stetsom is a strong amp!

I can't speak for all off us but i'm on the fence with competing in AR this year but i may show up for support... It's been crazy lately..... People getting laid off but i still need to do the work...

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Stetsom 2K5D

RMS Power @ 13.8V Mono 1 Ohm 3300 Watts

Dont forget Kicker zx2500.1 is a 2 Ohm stable amp.

One little correction. Current 2k5d is 2 ohms stable with the rating of 2600w @ 2ohms 12.6v and 3300w @ 2ohms 13.8v.

Stetsom also makes a 2k5d 1ohms version but until we sell through our current stock of the 2k5d in the states and ready to place order we'll just be selling the 2ohms version of the 2k5d.

Archived