Does This Look About Right?

You only need to fuse the battery under the hood that i know of. and whats the size of the fuses on the amps? add them all up and thats the size of he fuse ur gonna need.

DCBanner.jpg

1 DC lvl 4 15"

1 Hifonics BXi 1608D

3.2ft^3 Box tuned to 32-33Hz

Knu Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0

Knu Karma SS 8 Gauge Speaker Wire

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X493 Head Unit (coming soon)

Kenwood mids + highs (coming soon)

Build

You only need to fuse the battery under the hood that i know of. and whats the size of the fuses on the amps?

WRONG!!

You need to fuse within 16 inchs of your front batter, fuse 16 inches within your rear batteries (the 2 rear batteries right next to eachother dont need to be fused) then fuse 16 inchs within your amps (if your amps do not have internal fuses, if they have internal fuses you need no fuse)

As for fusing the front battery, you only need to fuse to about the amerage of the alternator if aftermarket alt, otherwise around 150-200 amps because your front battery is going to have the Most Resistance and your amps are going to suck from the batteries which have the least resistance, which is your rear 2 batteries.

Also use the same size fuse for the fusing of the rear batteries.

Also how you have your power and ground going from front to back is wrong.

You wont get fullest power from both your rear batteries.

have your power wire from your front battery run to your 1st rear battery.

and if your running a negative run from front to back, connect your negative wire to your 2nd rear battery. then link the positives from battery 1 to battery 2 and the same with negatives.

Then id suggust running 1 amp from battery 1, and the other amp from battery 2.

Or use battery 1 for both amps positives, and battery 2 for both amps negatives.

wiring-1.jpg

Also how you have your power and ground going from front to back is wrong.

You wont get fullest power from both your rear batteries.

have your power wire from your front battery run to your 1st rear battery.

and if your running a negative run from front to back, connect your negative wire to your 2nd rear battery. then link the positives from battery 1 to battery 2 and the same with negatives.

Then id suggust running 1 amp from battery 1, and the other amp from battery 2.

Or use battery 1 for both amps positives, and battery 2 for both amps negatives.

wiring-1.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up Bangin. On the alternator situation, I was just going to add the batteries & do the Big 3. Then I plan on watching my voltage closely. If it starts to drop low, I'm going to upgrade the alt. My vehicle comes stock w/ a 150A Bosch alt.

On the spec sheet, it says 400A linked for external fuse rating. So....

I can bet you any amount of money that you wont run 400 amps thru the power wire the goes from front to rear batteries.

Most your current draw from your amps are going to come from the rear batteries because they are the closest to the amps and will have the least amount of resistance in the power wire.

The most current you will likely see come from the front is the alternator charging up your batteries, which is about 150 amps as you stated, once your rear batteries start to go dead, you will see a rise in power comming front to back, but not much more

If your that worried about it, put a 300 amp fuse in both fuse holders. but if your wire ever gets damaged and shorts out, its going to take a lot more for the fuse to blow then a 150 or 200 amp.

If you are a competitor and are looking for every possible ounce of power to come thru your wire like me, drop 300amp fuses in it. But Id really just go with a 200, if it pops, then go to a 300 amp fuse.

Archived