Second Skin Audio

Today is the day... I start the enclosure

Ernesto

Decided since I have four sheets of MDF just sitting in the Expedition...2 gallons of glue, screws, liquid nails, steel rods, 2x4s...pretty much every thing but resin I have...Why not start on the build (enclosure) today... I still need to buy 4-5gallons of resin...

No camera for now but I'll try to get one ASAP for you guys lol...I know you guys need pics  ;D

Vehicle- 05 Ford Expedition

Just a little info on the box:

Four 18" FI BTLs

About 20cubes after port, bracing, and sub displacement

222sqin of port

Tunning- 35hz

Your thoughts, tips, advice...any thing

this is gonna be sweet man ur runnin 2 pa 5500's right? but in my opinion if starting a build like this, id go snatch up a camera real quick to catch every step for your own record too. but if not, then start half the fun up! atleast u can work on stuff, it probably like 80f down there  :'(

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

this is gonna be sweet man ur runnin 2 pa 5500's right? but in my opinion if starting a build like this, id go snatch up a camera real quick to catch every step for your own record too. but if not, then start half the fun up! atleast u can work on stuff, it probably like 80f down there  :'(

Today I just plan on cutting up wood..Glueing the sides and maybe the back wall...So you guys won't really be missing out of any thing.

thats cool man. just was wondering though, are you gonna do the same style of removable tunable ports like meade since its close to the same box? :D

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

thats cool man. just was wondering though, are you gonna do the same style of removable tunable ports like meade since its close to the same box? :D

Same style as Meade...CRX style, that's the only way I do it in my car...But I won't have a removable port.

.. we need pictures !! even cutting wood is cool !!

This is what I got done today...

Got the bottom piece...Cut and glued the back part..

Cut the port pieces...

And I cut, glued, and screwed the sides (double layered).

I'm running out of wood...I got enough to do the top (double layered) but that's it...I need another sheet of MDF or two to finish the front. I also need to buy resin and figure out if im going to brace it with steels rods or 2x4s... What do you guys suggest.

Archived