Second Skin Audio

Today is the day... I start the enclosure

Ernesto

I prefer 2x2 spindles for bracing.  They add just as much reinforcement as a 2x4 with half the displacement and they're already rounded.

Made up my mind that I won't use steel rods...Now I just gotta figure out what kinda wood I'll use for bracing.

steel rods takes up less air space, and causes less turbulance.

I agree but if you cut the 2x4's down to 2x2's and then use your router to round the edges and your fine with turbulence ( they become pretty much round)  and a 16" 2x2 rounded takes up very little air space

couldnt you just buy 2x2's instead of buyin 2x4's and cuttin em down?

steel rods takes up less air space, and causes less turbulance.

I agree but if you cut the 2x4's down to 2x2's and then use your router to round the edges and your fine with turbulence ( they become pretty much round)  and a 16" 2x2 rounded takes up very little air space

couldnt you just buy 2x2's instead of buyin 2x4's and cuttin em down?

Yeah i'm pretty sure you could...

I have to make a trip to Home Depot asap so I can continue on this box... Gotta buy a few sheets of both 1/2 MDF and 3/4MDF...

Running out of glue pretty quick too... I've never used so much glue before...I don't even use the tip of the bottle...I take that shit off and just let a shit load of glue come out.

good luck bro..hope to see pictures soon.. :W:

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

Thanks guys...I will get pics for you asap.

Until I get paid I got $50 to spend at home depot...

I got to buy a sheet of MDF so thats -$20...Got $30 to play with...what should I get? A gallon of resin?

i'd just buy the stuff u "NEED" like screws, glue... the bare ecentionals... then buy the other stuff with the remainder of the cash..

Thanks guys...I will get pics for you asap.

Until I get paid I got $50 to spend at home depot...

I got to buy a sheet of MDF so thats -$20...Got $30 to play with...what should I get? A gallon of resin?

i'd just buy the stuff u "NEED" like screws, glue... the bare ecentionals... then buy the other stuff with the remainder of the cash..

Already got 500+ drywall screws to work with so I don't see myself running out any time soon... Only need another sheet of MDF...I got some 2x4s that I could use in my house for bracing...and I got half a gallon of glue left so for now im ok... I'll probably have to make another trip to HD for more glue but whatever  :calm:

So I think ima go ahead and buy a gallon of resin there since I already have enough hardner and mat to work with.

Archived