Second Skin Audio

PLEASE HELP - type-R issue -no bass-

:gun:  Ok, i was running some sealed cvr 12's off my hifonics 1206d and it was knockin pretty nice, prolly 138dB or so, (they were dual 2's - so 800 watts from amp)

Now I sold them and put in a type R 12 ,(temporary setup)  in a 1 cube sealed q-logic box.  The type r is dual 2 ohm so i wired parellel so i'm getting 1200 watts from amp (or 1000 since it's overated, but anyways...) 

PROBLEM IS, no bass!!!!  I started with gain all the way down and i got it up to about 1/4 and the sub is moving real nice, i wouldn't wanna push it any more, but up in the driver's seat there is like almost no bass... a 10" dual could outpound what i'm hearing....   

It sounds just like 2 subs out of phase sound like, except i only have one sub, so it doesn't matter which way it is moving....

- there is only an inch or so clearance from back of sub to back of box, could that be the problem?

- would one of the vc's coming undone in back of sub casue this?

-or does type-r just totally suck???  I've ran them ported before in cars adn they sound decent so idk

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

got the 1206 mono, it has two + and two -, but inside the amp they are just connnected together, so it's not like it matters which one i hooked it up to.

It's cleanly wired parelell on back of sub... very unlikely but one of the vc's might have come undone???  too bad i'm in college and don't have a screw gun within 100 miles of me.

didn't use a terminal, straight wire caulked, coming out of box, so nothing coulda fallen off inside box.

well, i put on some bring it back by dj unk and it puts out some bass  :help:, but when i'm on like rock music i can't hear any at all. 

I guess type r's just really suck, i have a feeling if i cut some holes on the side and threw on the appropriate length persicion ports, it would slam.  I'm ordering my first of two 15" L7 when my tax check comes back and kicker never lets me down  :gun:

no it just sucks, in the box at least.... or maybe i've been listening to so much bass in my years that weak bass doesn't register.  I had it turned up and i could finnally hear some decent bass , but I could smell the VC cookin, so i let off..... i'm gonna just set it aside and not use it, no bass is better than crappy bass

dude, take it out of that friggin 1cube q logic sealed & put it in a box thats pretty much ANYTHING besides that & il bet ul pound. right now that type r is BEGGIN for airspace! :w00t:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I have to agree with Chris. Putting it in the right box can make all the difference. My 15s are damn near breaking a 40 sharing 448 measured watts (224 per sub). 10.5 cubes 144sq in. of port tuned to about 33hz.

2003 Chevy Blazer 4drPioneer AVIC-D3Memphis 9 volt line driverRE Audio XXX compsPower Acoustik NB-4 tweeters (x4 on dash)Crescendo 1000c42 Alpine Type R 15s (2 more and new box coming soon) Hifonics XXII ColossusIraggi 300A AltKinetik Hc800 up front and 2 2400s in the backKicker Hyperflex 1/0 and 4 gaugeDDM Tuning H.I.Ds35w 10,000k in projector low beams55w 12,000k high beams

i'm not even gonna ask why you would put 224 per sub with 15's and not just put it all on one sub.  or how you could not even hit 140 with that setup.  I hit 139.5 with a $80 memphis pr 15 and an $60 jensen amp (200w)

I agree , i can tell by looking at it that it wants to be ported.  too bad i don't have my tools up here to build one

I have to agree with Chris. Putting it in the right box can make all the difference. My 15s are damn near breaking a 40 sharing 448 measured watts (224 per sub). 10.5 cubes 144sq in. of port tuned to about 33hz.

and 5.25 ft^3  per sub. thats HUGE...i know you want low but damn that huge and you should be giving them subs more power.
NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!