would i need to do the big 3 with 2200 rms?

Doing the Big-3 will ensure that you are passing as much amprage as possible from the alternator to your batteries in an effecient manner. It ALWAYS helps your car, no matter if you have a system or not, or whether that is a 500 wat system or 5,000 watt system, I would do the big-3 on most any vehicle...... Also, your last diagram was ALMOST right.... forgot the one fuse from the 2nd battery positive to the amp.... total of 3 fuses will be needed in total.

Battery's aren't really rated by amps enless your talking about cca, its the voltage, alot of people like kinetic battery's. go to kinetic.com and check it out. If you dont wanna put out that much money then i suggest optima red or yellow tops. Find out what best fits your needs.

how about this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7324_Kinetik+HC+600.html

How can we make a suggestion w/o knowing what amp(s) you plan to use?

If you plan on running 2200RMS, you need to run the HC 2400 probably especially if you don't have an upgraded alt or you don't do the big 3. That little battery will not get you by.

Edited by c0smo kram3r