Where to find MDF and other natural woods

Is MDF a common type of wood that Home Depot would sell? Because I'm trying to find to a supplier that sell it. Well, what other natural woods that are good for boxes besides MDF? I heard plywood is a bad choice for boxes and to me it would'nt make sense to double the sheets for durability, strength and etc.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

mdf=medium dense fiberboard

double helps prevent flexing

birch is another type of wood to build a box but that is it

Instead of doubling. Why not just get thicker wood? Or would you still double up to prevent flexing?

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of doubling. Why not just get thicker wood? Or would you still double up to prevent flexing?

1" is the thickest you can get MDF and 2 layers of 3/4" is stronger than one layer of 1".

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

and yes, its at home depot

Thanks I'll go check and see if they got any. But I'll have to wait till it warms up to start any actual projects. It sucks livin in apartments in the Northeast.

1" is the thickest you can get MDF and 2 layers of 3/4" is stronger than one layer of 1".

I know for a fact you can get thicker than 1"  you just gotta go to the right place to get it.