Second Skin Audio

T-line Help

im hoping some of you t-line guru's will help me out on this one.

i have wanted to try a t-line for so long, and i think i have the room for one after i messed around with some measurements and did a little math.

space i have is 13"Dx50"Wx26"

the subs are 10" p2's and theyre specs are:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...ated=1083013965

should i do it at 33hz?

or should i do it at like 40 or 45hz(where the bass knob for my amp is)?

or should i not do a t-line at all for these subs?

thanks for any help.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

with a qts and qms of .5 is not the greatest ive read that you wanna stay around .3 or lower. my re's have a .35 i think and they sound great. .5 is up there a bit but im sure it will still sound pretty good.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

ok for the math part.

(speed of sound/fs)/4= port length

1130/33=34.24ft

34.24ft/4=8.56 ft for the quarter wave

now the port area is the sd of your sub (effective cone area)

your sd is 53 times 2 (for two subs) is 106 sq in's of port.

so the basics are you need a 106sq in port 8.56 ft long

Edited by Clif

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

according to foreverbumpin's tutorial you want a qts of .4 and lower and a qms of 7 or lower, ive got the qms just not the qts.

any chances of these sounding good even with the qts of .5?

edit: thanks for that^

so i think ive got the space to do it in, just wanna make sure this will work well and sound good before i waste time/money.

if the SQ will be somewhere close to the SQ/response to a sealed enclosure, then i'll be happy.

Edited by qu1cks1lver56

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

"when building a t-line for a sub based on Fs, you need to keep in mind the speakers Qts, and Qms, they should be low for SQ, Qts of .40 and lower, and Qms of 7 and lower will work great. Qts is speakers total quality in Ratio to its electrical, and mechanical characteristics, Qms is the Mechanical ratio.

If you want to run a sub for more of a spl use, its better to run a woofer off of a Bass EQ/ Amp bass boost circuit/ Deck boost. But it cant be mixed frequecies, like a deck with a 60hz boost, and a amp with 40hz boost, you need to cancel 1 freq out, or level the 2 freq's (there will be cancelation, and the sub will sound like its being pushed to hard-boost for tline have to be close to the quarter wave of the box as possible) This allows you to use a shorter tline length, in comparison to the speakers natural Fs quarter wave length. But Tlines, with Low Q woofers, like .30 and lower, you will be amazed how low the subs will play, lower than the boxes quarter wave length- almost down to the next octave- Cleanly. So, your looking at about 20hz almost as loud as the subs 40hz peak tunning. (depending on cabin resonace of vehicle ofcourse)"

From foreverbumpin's tot.

if you use a deck or amp freq boost it would work slightly better with your subs. but either way it will sound good.

do you want more of an spl or more deep bass?

Edited by Clif

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

Im sure it couldn't sound bad. I say try it and if you don't like it, you learned something and are that much further ahead.

That being said, Ive got a pos sony in a tline and it sounds fine. Tuned at 40hz and plays the lows nicely.

yea the only true way is trial and error. i really think either way it will sound amazing for 2 p2 10s

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

"when building a t-line for a sub based on Fs, you need to keep in mind the speakers Qts, and Qms, they should be low for SQ, Qts of .40 and lower, and Qms of 7 and lower will work great. Qts is speakers total quality in Ratio to its electrical, and mechanical characteristics, Qms is the Mechanical ratio.

If you want to run a sub for more of a spl use, its better to run a woofer off of a Bass EQ/ Amp bass boost circuit/ Deck boost. But it cant be mixed frequecies, like a deck with a 60hz boost, and a amp with 40hz boost, you need to cancel 1 freq out, or level the 2 freq's (there will be cancelation, and the sub will sound like its being pushed to hard-boost for tline have to be close to the quarter wave of the box as possible) This allows you to use a shorter tline length, in comparison to the speakers natural Fs quarter wave length. But Tlines, with Low Q woofers, like .30 and lower, you will be amazed how low the subs will play, lower than the boxes quarter wave length- almost down to the next octave- Cleanly. So, your looking at about 20hz almost as loud as the subs 40hz peak tunning. (depending on cabin resonace of vehicle ofcourse)"

From foreverbumpin's tot.

if you use a deck or amp freq boost it would work slightly better with your subs. but either way it will sound good.

do you want more of an spl or more deep bass?

im looking for more of SQL.

i want it to sound pretty good, and be able to get decently loud (for 2 low end 10's on 400rms).

t-line seems the way to go for me if it will work with my subs.

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

then i would build it to the fs of 33. im sure it will still sound great with a lil high qts. do you need me to draw you a box or can you get it from the port and length?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

yea the only true way is trial and error. i really think either way it will sound amazing for 2 p2 10s

ive got them in a pretty nice ported box thats tuned right for the subs (my cousin built it and he didnt remember what its tuned to), and they sound decent, and get ok loud, but id like a little more low end.

but from what you've said, the qts probably wont effect me too much, so i'll probably end up trying it.

edit: if you would, PLEASE draw me up a box plan, ive sat here with paint, sketchup, a ruler, some paper, and a pen and i just cant seem to get it right.

Edited by qu1cks1lver56

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters