Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anybody have any box displacement formulas for ported boxes and sealed box if any are supplied for sealed boxes?

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

Posted

This was posted earlier too by Alpine....Thanks to David for explaining it all.

(legend)

L= length

W= width

H= hieght

*= multiply

/= division or divide by

-= minus

ok here is how you figure this out.

now just to make sure you get this correct. make sure you adjust the measurements for the wood thickness,  I Always take off 1.5 inches off my measuremeants ( I use .75 thick MDF)

L * W * H =  your answer

your answer / by 1728 =  your answer in cubic feet.

port area

W * H = cubic inches of port area ( or port opening)

The length of the port will give you your tunning

but before we can get that far we need to deduct the displacement of the subz

so you would do this.

your answer in cubic feet - your sub displacement = you internal air space before port displacement.

ok now you know your internal cubic feet with subz in now open WINISD Pro.

I dont use the exact subz most of the time because usually they arent in the Database, I find one thats close o it in specs and go from there.

If you have never used WINISD pro your not gonna have alot of fun trying to figure it out, I would goto their website and read the tutorials.

Posted

This was posted earlier too by Alpine....Thanks to David for explaining it all.

(legend)

L= length

W= width

H= hieght

*= multiply

/= division or divide by

-= minus

ok here is how you figure this out.

now just to make sure you get this correct. make sure you adjust the measurements for the wood thickness,  I Always take off 1.5 inches off my measuremeants ( I use .75 thick MDF)

L * W * H =  your answer

your answer / by 1728 =  your answer in cubic feet.

port area

W * H = cubic inches of port area ( or port opening)

The length of the port will give you your tunning

but before we can get that far we need to deduct the displacement of the subz

so you would do this.

your answer in cubic feet - your sub displacement = you internal air space before port displacement.

ok now you know your internal cubic feet with subz in now open WINISD Pro.

I dont use the exact subz most of the time because usually they arent in the Database, I find one thats close o it in specs and go from there.

If you have never used WINISD pro your not gonna have alot of fun trying to figure it out, I would goto their website and read the tutorials.

Thanks for the hook up.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

Posted

hahaha  yea man you beat me to it.

its not real indepth, but its starts the learning process of how it all works.

Guest Nismofreak
Posted

Or you can buy movies from caraudiohelp.com which help out alot

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 901 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...