Alpine Iva-w203 Help

The reason you don't want to just "ground out" the 2 wires is one, it's wrong and two, because it can cause the internal latching switch in the unit to fail. Especially when the sequence is switched out of order on a regular basis. After awhile it can cause the screen to flicker back and forth from protection.

The Tr-7 is a easy and dependable unit. I personally have installed dozens of them on Alpine units as well as in my own cars. Some of the units I have are a good 7 years old now.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

The reason you don't want to just "ground out" the 2 wires is one, it's wrong and two, because it can cause the internal latching switch in the unit to fail. Especially when the sequence is switched out of order on a regular basis. After awhile it can cause the screen to flicker back and forth from protection.

The Tr-7 is a easy and dependable unit. I personally have installed dozens of them on Alpine units as well as in my own cars. Some of the units I have are a good 7 years old now.

i wasnt trying to disagree with you or anything of that nature.

thanks for the help guys.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I didn't say you were. I just wanted people reading this to get the right info out there. Video decks are expensive and can go poof in smoke pretty quick.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Alright the word is in! For the price with navigation you cant bet it! On Fleabeay of course snatch one up for the quick 750! which is Navtech but still has the late 2006 map codes. The good part is the navigation drive (NVE-P1) was made to be compatable for the IVA-203 and IVA-505. Basically one of the first all in one Alpine Navigation H/U. Besides that there is a couple bummers which is not compatible with the newest Alpine sound processor PXA-H100 Imprint. Only compatable with the IVA-W505 and IVA-D106 Pop Out. Only feature it has which is Loudness which is somewhat new but not the original MediaXpander feature which doesnt even come in any of the new headunits only in the sound processor. Ok the somewhat downside of this situation is the IVA-203 was made to be compatible with one sound processor and it was the PXA-H701 which was one of alpines best sound processors but dirt ass exxpensive. Also Alpine had stopped making it within the past year. It was the first Alpine 5.1 Sound Processor if im correct. Also 4V Preouts, Time corrections etc the price is almost triple the price of the PXA-H100. Also ive been noticing the navigation drive NVE-P1 sometimes freezes and wont come back on til another half hour. Not even working back up after the reset feature. Anyways Alpine has promised they will release an update the NVE-p1 navigation drive which is updateable within the next couple weeks or month.

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

• 1 month later...

TR-7 is very reliable. and yes its a pain if you use 2 switches as everytime you turn your key you have to do it again and again. (Remember its against the law) ha ha

Juan Rodriguez

Chief Technology Officer

D'Amore Engineering

T15KW Support Engineer

System.

KVT512 Kenwood Fold Out Monitor

Epic-160 Audio control Indash epicenter

(1)T1500-1BD with T2000.1 Transformer 1700 watts at 2 ohms

(2) T600-2 with T800-2 Transformers 320/ch at 4 ohms

(2) QSD216 Q series MB Quart 6.5 inch components

(3) P3D212 Rockford P3 12inch Subs

(1) Very Loud Altima Coupe!