This Is Retarded.

i need some help from the home audio guys. i have a older sony receiver. it is so old that is is a 5.0 it does not have any outputs for a subwoofer. what can i do to add a subwoofer to it. i would like to still use this receiver until i can afford another pioneer VSX-1018AH. my wife bought it for me for christmas. that is why i love her. i was thinking i could add a processor of some kind and a dedicated subwoofer amp. i am just getting into the home audio side of things. so far i have the pioneer receiver, pioneer S-HF41-LR 3 ways for the rear and sides, i am using a pair of old pioneer 5.25's and 2 1.1" silk dome tweeters for my center channel, i am waiting on my new to me sony ss-f7000's that my dad is giving me. if sounds great so far. i will eventually switch everything but the receiver to sony. i have always loved the way there home audio sounds.

----reference's----

meade916

alot of subwoofers have high level inputs with a passthrough so you can run your speaker wire from the reciever through the sub, and then to the speakers.

edit: the front speaker wires.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

alot of subwoofers have high level inputs with a passthrough so you can run your speaker wire from the reciever through the sub, and then to the speakers.

x2 thats what i do with my technics.

try using the Left and Right sides for the passthrough.

nah the sub should have a crossover built in.

edit: on the low pass side, for the high pass side you might want to put a passive crossover on it.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived