Wiring Brain Freeze....help!

Ok....I had two(2) yellow tops under my hood and two(2) more in the back.

Positive from my main battery went to the second battery under the hood and then back out to the other two batteries.

My question is why can't I run a Positive wire from my Alt back out to the two other batteries and a second wire from the Alt would connect the two batteries under the hood?

So I would have my Alt with one 1/0 cable going to the back of the vehicle and another 1/0 would feed the batteries under the hood...Am I making any sense????

Right now all 4 batteries are grounded seperately....Alt wire goes to origianl battery location and then from there positive wire across the firewall to the 2nd battery....Then Positve wire to batteries in back.

Why do I need to go from battery to battery? :nea::huh:

:8)

Why do I need to go from battery to battery? :nea::huh:

:8)

You don't "need" to. You can totally do what you are saying. The reason you usually go from batt to batt is cuz it's usuall the shortest distance.... P.s. you should have the same ground point for all the batts too :drinks:

you can do that

noobtastic and mr.p did it saturday night, his issue was his front battery was reading 14 volts strong, his rear's were reading 11's, so they ran a nice 2/0 from the alternator to the rear batteries and it made a difference :)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Archived