Lil Sump'n I Am Doing For A Friend (update 5-2-9 Finished) Post #53

yeah my friend is coming over here in a few minutes. he is dropping my engien stand off and has been in canada all day. so he has yet to see it all since it was just the kitty hair bondo being applied. so i hope he understand when i tell him im not sanding for a few days! LOL

thanks for the tweet comment. he said the components are better now then they used to be just mounted in the stock door hole. told him wait until we get real power on them not just temporary deck power.

NEUMAN

more pics. finished out all the pink pigmented bondo with 80 grit. layed a few "fill in the low spot" spots with blue pigmented bondo to help see what all i was working with. hit it all out with 80 again. went back and filled in a bit more areas to blend smooth and transition smoothly. hit again with 80. then did a once over with 220. found the 80 had put some good goudges in it. decided to go over it good with 180. really was a good idea. helped get alot of the stuff out. that is where i stopped for the day. i got 5+ hours into it today on top of the 7+ from last week. so 12-13 hours of hand sanding! it now looks like superman icecream!

NEUMAN

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking very good! It has a great flow to it.

Any idea on the weight? She looks to be a heavy one! Nice and solid.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

thanks guys.

colin - i don't know on teh weight. tough to say just due to its bulkiness. i would say in the 50-60 pound range. an once the amps and sub are in good lord its not going to move!

enemy - i know. it just sucks in the mean time!

going to sand on it tonight and/or tomorrow with 220 then 600 and it will be done until i comes back for final install.

NEUMAN

Archived