07sOnAtA sp.ed Posted February 13, 2009 Report Posted February 13, 2009 hey, whats up guys I want to know whats up w/ preamp voltage and what not. I want to buy this eq to up my pre-amp voltage from 4v to 6v's. I want to do this because the max input for the sundown amps are 6v. I know the max pre-amp voltage on this unit is 7v's. Are they adjustable when it comes to preamp voltage?? CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION 2008 Hyundai Sonata Team T3 Audio Team Deadly Hertz Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)
07sOnAtA sp.ed Posted February 13, 2009 Author Report Posted February 13, 2009 bump CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION 2008 Hyundai Sonata Team T3 Audio Team Deadly Hertz Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)
uhoh_45 Posted February 13, 2009 Report Posted February 13, 2009 i know my Memphis line driver the voltage is adjustable not sure on EQ's though R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
bobonit Posted February 13, 2009 Report Posted February 13, 2009 That doesn't seem like a worth while purchase. Upping your preamp voltage from 4 to 6 volts will not increase the output of a SAZ-3000D. What you do is adjust the gain on the amp to match your preamp voltage. Not the other way around. 97 Maxima SE Bunch of shit going in, check out the build Build Log
DHFHades Posted February 13, 2009 Report Posted February 13, 2009 that EQ has a volume knob on it, I have the same one. but my deck only puts out 2.2v so now I run around 5-6 forgot to mention, my system is not any louder (it sounds much better though), but it gets loud way sooner. I used to run with the volume around 47ish, now I usually run at around 20-25. I got mine dirt cheap, honestly if you like way your system sounds now I wouldn't even bother...just my two cents 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15 DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active 1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest. rebuild coming soon to get a better score "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."
07sOnAtA sp.ed Posted February 14, 2009 Author Report Posted February 14, 2009 thanks for the heads up guys. this advice really helps. Im just not gonna get it, unless i have an overpowering drive to put my gain all the way up CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION 2008 Hyundai Sonata Team T3 Audio Team Deadly Hertz Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.