Second Skin Audio

Which Subwoofer?

BassAddict32

And driving around means he'd be constantly above idle. Check out galacticmonkey's system. Or Neil Barber's system. Both of them had 20,000+W with one alternator. Even assman had one alternator. It's unneccessary if it's done right.

I could let my car play at full tilt for hours. Have you even owned a big system? I'm guessing not.

Driving around eases the stress on the alternators because you'll be revving your engine constantly. It doesn't use more power. But do what you want. You'll probably just change your mind anyways.

i'm about done changing my mind. i've just about got everything now. it's just the alternators i can't get! you say one thing and the other guy says another. i just don't know.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

wow. i'm kinda believing you because you do make a point. if i drive around town then it'll take up more power and whatnot so needing more alternators is a must. i'll probably put 3 in just to be safe.

Driving around town with a 10k watt system? And its people like that is why the rest of us get bad reps thx.

i'm about done changing my mind. i've just about got everything now. it's just the alternators i can't get! you say one thing and the other guy says another. i just don't know.

You seriously have a lot to learn before you just jump into a huge system. If done right a 1k watt system is loud.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

I'm glad some of you are actually helping the kid instead of clowning on him. Anything is possible as was shown by this kid...who alot of people doubted.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...43&hl=tahoe

No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers

Total Amp

Sony HU

I'm glad some of you are actually helping the kid instead of clowning on him. Anything is possible as was shown by this kid...who alot of people doubted.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...43&hl=tahoe

that's amazing. i hope mine turns out just as nice. it'll take time and money but it'll be worth it in the end. and so far, i've learned everything i know from threads and forms and vids and just by trying things. i've blown a few speakers but i've learned from it. that kid is amazing. i give him props.

and thanks man.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

Driving around town with a 10k watt system? And its people like that is why the rest of us get bad reps thx.

You seriously have a lot to learn before you just jump into a huge system. If done right a 1k watt system is loud.

yes, it is loud. but i want louder. and i respect people when i drive around. stop lights, at night, through smaller neighborhoods. all of that. just in the city part, people don't care. and if they do, so what? they will hate ME! not you.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

I could let my car play at full tilt for hours. Have you even owned a big system? I'm guessing not.

biggest ive owned is 2500 rms and even with two batts in the rear and one up front. with a single ho alt i still could only wang two songs before i had to let it rest to recharge.....

plus lets say his system draws around 300 amps. it will be easier for two alts to keep up than a single one.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

this is still very confusing. i may just go with 2 alts though and 4 D3100 batts in the back with a yellow top under the hood. just to be safe. i want to do more then just "wang two songs". i want to be able to listen for like an hour if need be and still have everything be fine.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

yes, it is loud. but i want louder. and i respect people when i drive around. stop lights, at night, through smaller neighborhoods. all of that. just in the city part, people don't care. and if they do, so what? they will hate ME! not you.

lol the general public is very stupid, they blame all with loud stereos on a few annoying ones.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

just my .02, do it small and do it yourself, and work your way up. I started installing when i was 14 putting systems in my buddy's cars, by the time i was a freshman, i was the kid seniors came to to get their stuff installed

i dont know shit

5 years installing, 3 years working in a shop selling/installing, i dont know diddly about audio, the more i learn, the more i realize how dumb i am, and how much is left to learn

personally, ive never seen anything over 5kwatts installed by anyone besides the owner(beesides guys like beast from da east gettiing their stuff thrown in by proline, with cash from god knows where)

my 8in subs off 1500 watts are loud enough to make people cover their ears when they get in, and be one of the louder daily setups around. not to brag, but its dumb loud, painful even on some notes. even doing 5kw on a first install is nuts, most people here dont get 5kw in their first dozen installs, i think my car is up to 6 and I havnt even gotten 3k total in their yet.

its cool to have 10kw and 4 15's that someone else installed in there, but i doubt theyre replacing shit when YOU blow it up, theyre not paying for recones when you play shit mixtapes from limewire with clipped 10hz intros, theyre not shipping your amp out and replacing your batteries when you bump in a parkinglot to impress some underage girls and drop the voltage.

from quite alot of experience, 90% of the time, its your fault something broke. hundreds of people on here will post "i was playing it too loud and blew my sub" or "i wasnt paying attention and the voltage dropped and melted my fets, who repairs this amp"

learn by doing, and then do it big, i dont doubt the funds or drive, but the experience isnt there.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

just my .02, do it small and do it yourself, and work your way up. I started installing when i was 14 putting systems in my buddy's cars, by the time i was a freshman, i was the kid seniors came to to get their stuff installed

i dont know shit

5 years installing, 3 years working in a shop selling/installing, i dont know diddly about audio, the more i learn, the more i realize how dumb i am, and how much is left to learn

personally, ive never seen anything over 5kwatts installed by anyone besides the owner(beesides guys like beast from da east gettiing their stuff thrown in by proline, with cash from god knows where)

my 8in subs off 1500 watts are loud enough to make people cover their ears when they get in, and be one of the louder daily setups around. not to brag, but its dumb loud, painful even on some notes. even doing 5kw on a first install is nuts, most people here dont get 5kw in their first dozen installs, i think my car is up to 6 and I havnt even gotten 3k total in their yet.

its cool to have 10kw and 4 15's that someone else installed in there, but i doubt theyre replacing shit when YOU blow it up, theyre not paying for recones when you play shit mixtapes from limewire with clipped 10hz intros, theyre not shipping your amp out and replacing your batteries when you bump in a parkinglot to impress some underage girls and drop the voltage.

from quite alot of experience, 90% of the time, its your fault something broke. hundreds of people on here will post "i was playing it too loud and blew my sub" or "i wasnt paying attention and the voltage dropped and melted my fets, who repairs this amp"

learn by doing, and then do it big, i dont doubt the funds or drive, but the experience isnt there.

hey man, i respect your thoughts. and thanks for telling them. i'm 15, and i've been watching things for awhile and reading things. i haven't hooked up a car stereo yet but i have used an amp in my room before with speakers. and i know to watch if the voltage drops. that'd be the main thing i do. and they aren't going to replace it if i blow it up, but if it happens because of something they did, they will. and for the batts? i'll buy those on my own. and where i live, i don't have underage girls to impress. not many people like it where i live.

and i don't use limewire and stuff like that. i keep mine all clean. and i check for clipped signals. and i don't turn my deck up all the way. i've learned alot from watching and reading and just trying things on my own. and for a bigger install like i'm doing, i'm not going to do it on my own. i have people that will help. and they are good. they know what they are doing.

and as for my setup, i've decided to go with 4 15" DC level 5's, a hifonics XXVGOLIATH, 4 powermaster D3100s, and 2 300A alts. and thanks for not doubting me man.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

Archived