My Head Unit Wont Turn On?

9012.jpg

thats what your harness should look like

what is that other small harness thing cuz i have a thing where that'll plug into, but i dont know what is for. and how does that plug into my cd player cuz i had all the wires from the cd player connected with crimps, but i know there is another plug where that small thing can go. and where can i get one of those?

Edited by Crump-T1

ok so there is no 12 volt accessory wires currently in the factory harness, run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when

installing an aftermarket radio. The adapter is designed to provide a 12 volt 10 amp switched accessory output along with the rest of the wires needed to

install an aftermarket radio. The R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) function, where power is supplied to the radio after the ignition is shut off until one of the

front doors are opened, is retained by the extra harness. IF this is the harness you have you have to:

INITIALIZE THE XSVI INTERFACE BEFORE TURNING

ON RADIO: With all connections made and harnesses

connected to the vehicle, turn ignition key to the

ON position for thirty seconds, then turn key off.

sorrry for the delay I had a call come in. hope this helps

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

ok so there is no 12 volt accessory wires currently in the factory harness, run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column when

installing an aftermarket radio. The adapter is designed to provide a 12 volt 10 amp switched accessory output along with the rest of the wires needed to

install an aftermarket radio. The R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) function, where power is supplied to the radio after the ignition is shut off until one of the

front doors are opened, is retained by the extra harness. IF this is the harness you have you have to:

INITIALIZE THE XSVI INTERFACE BEFORE TURNING

ON RADIO: With all connections made and harnesses

connected to the vehicle, turn ignition key to the

ON position for thirty seconds, then turn key off.

sorrry for the delay I had a call come in. hope this helps

so can you give me a link to buy this adapter thing? and do you think being a novice in this kind car audio shit that i will be able to do this thing into the fuse box myself?

well if your not comfortable you probably should take it in toa reputable shop. They will probably already have the part but you can look for it HERE

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well if your not comfortable you probably should take it in toa reputable shop. They will probably already have the part but you can look for it HERE

what is it called exactly so i can ask, i understand what your saying cuz when i open my door with the car off the cd player turns off, do i have to have this to use the cd player at all cuz i dont really care about that feature i just want something i can use to mess with my subs?

what is it called exactly so i can ask, i understand what your saying cuz when i open my door with the car off the cd player turns off, do i have to have this to use the cd player at all cuz i dont really care about that feature i just want something i can use to mess with my subs?

metra #XSVI-5520 is the harness # thats it. just a harness that lets you add the aftermarket radio with factory functions but no I dont think you have to use that feature...

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

metra #XSVI-5520 is the harness # thats it. just a harness that lets you add the aftermarket radio with factory functions but no I dont think you have to use that feature...

ok well i had the original harness all crimpped into the aftermarket one and it didnt work,so thats why im wondering. i just want my shit to work my dash is taken apart, and i dont know why it wont work. A bad Ground? idk