*sigh* Doing Big 3 Now

Sorry if I was snippy on the dimming thread, too many haters right now on the old vids with the bad camera, and pissed about batteries being 12.02 volts...

Moving along if I may, I am going now to get wire lengths. I checked earlier, and my alt appears to only have 1 "large" wire and it looks to only be 10 guage! Only other wire is the wire harness/clip with 1 or 2 tiny 16/18/20 guage. What gives?

So I just re-read the how to thread... let me clarify:

1 from positive on battery to positive on alt

1 from negative battery to chasis

1 from chasis to engine block

correct?

Thanks in advance!

IB3 22"

Thats it! and remember dont replace your factory wiring just add to it ;)

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

while your digging- ground the alt :)

I've found that it has a massive impact on voltage, I try and keep my Alt ground the same size as my main power wire

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

And if you can, do one positive from the battery to your main Fuseblock...you'd be surprised how much that can help out your stock accessories and how often it is overlooked.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

And if you can, do one positive from the battery to your main Fuseblock...you'd be surprised how much that can help out your stock accessories and how often it is overlooked.

!!!! very true forgot about that!! Good catch!!!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

while your digging- ground the alt :)

I've found that it has a massive impact on voltage, I try and keep my Alt ground the same size as my main power wire

-Drew

thanks guys. already done! boy I have a walmart story, got my terminals for free! car's running now, pics up loading... nothing interesting but Im a pic/vid whore. I'll post when I get back from testing it out.

I tried at the last second to run the motor ground strait to the batt neg terminal, couldnt reach... probably better that I couldn't/didn't?

By alternator ground, what do you mean? I have 1 10 or 12 guage wire (ya, thats correct) from the alt to the pos on battery... and the wire harness... I didn't see a ground, assumed it's mounting brackets are the ground?

IB3 22"

I'll have to do all these extras now too, since ya all got me motivated to get this done finally..thank you too, cuz I feel much better now that its done! The alt power is very long and tiny guage, and the motor ground to battery neg factory is like 4-5 feet! this should help a lot.

IB3 22"