Second Skin Audio

Designing for multiple subs...

sean 371

When you design a box for more than one sub, how do you account for it?

Do you just multiply the parameters by however many subs its being designed for? example, for 2 subs, do you just multiply the Vas by 2?  And treat it like one big sub? 

Help please!

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

if using paper calculations (instead of program) figure out the enclosure specs for one sub then multiply those specs time the amount of subs

ie; if one 10" subs likes .8ft3 with 15sq" port area and 40" of port length (33.73hz) and your using three multiply your airspace and port area times 3. The port length will stay the same 40" (slightly lower hz of 33)

I work it out by doing my calcs for 1 sub then I will add the box sizes for the rest together. Same for the port. just remember to take out for the walls that you are not building with

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived