Well, I figured since I've never used fiberglass before, i'd practice on strengthening the corners and joints inside the box. Well, i must say, if you read the stickies and how to's, its pretty much like they say. Lay down your mat, and dab the resin into it with the brush, I must say that I was expecting all sorts of problems, but it went without a hitch. So far I've got the bottom almost done and some of the dowel rod joints. I also put a bunch of mat between the bottom port and the floor of the box, it ain't goin anywhere :)

Heres pics....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll let this dry today and do more tomorrow.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

can you snap some more pics of the port/baffle my buddys trying to run 2 12s and a 6" aero and its going to be a tight fit and was wondering how you you squeezed those 2 in there

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

can you snap some more pics of the port/baffle my buddys trying to run 2 12s and a 6" aero and its going to be a tight fit and was wondering how you you squeezed those 2 in there

No problem. Was there a particular angle you needed? Are you wondering how I got the ports actually mounted in the baffle?

97 Maxima SE

yeah how you actually got them mounted and as for a specific picture a top view would be nice

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

yeah how you actually got them mounted and as for a specific picture a top view would be nice

No problem, I'll snap some tomorrow morning. Basically I assembled the ports (minus the flares) and used pvc cement to hold them together. Once that cured I slipped them from the inside of the box into the holes I cut in the baffle for them. The connecting ring at the end of the port that the flare slips onto is actually glued into the baffle using Gorilla Glue. I'll try to get pics that show that more clearly. This way I can take the flares off when I put the subs in or take them out, because they are in the way by a small amount.

Also, on the outside flares I cut a flat spot on them since they had an overhang on the top and bottom of the box, now they are flush with the top and bottom.

97 Maxima SE

makes sense only problem with that is adjusting tuning :(

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

makes sense only problem with that is adjusting tuning :(

What you could try to do is just glue the connecting ring into the baffle, then the port tubes and flares would be removable and you could use tape to hold them together.

97 Maxima SE

oh shit theres a connecting ring inbetween k yeah that makes a lot more sense put that in the baffle and have the rear and front of the port removable k that helped out alot thanks man

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

oh shit theres a connecting ring inbetween k yeah that makes a lot more sense put that in the baffle and have the rear and front of the port removable k that helped out alot thanks man

hehehe, no problem, I'll still post some pics tomorrow, you can see the ring on there.

97 Maxima SE

Archived