Sonic Electronix

take a wire brush to the metal and make sure there is no paint where the terminal ring will go and make the ground as short as possible. anything over 12" is kinda long. other than that it'll work fine

thats not the ideal place for a ground...remember you want to maximize contact between your terminal and some metal :)

and theres not much surface area around seat belts...for smaller things id say ok but bigger amps no way...not to mention a ground can generate a lot of heat.

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i to have used this method in the past,just wire brush to bare metal

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

sorry to thread jack crump, but my seatbelt bolt is attached directly to the floor of the car, bare metal. can i use that?

the strongest points of your body are seatbelt and brake pedal mounting location to which both are great places for a ground..just make sure the wire terminal is on top of the seatbelt mount

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

the strongest points of your body are seatbelt and brake pedal mounting location to which both are great places for a ground..just make sure the wire terminal is on top of the seatbelt mount

thank you, now i need to go finish the install SON :spiteful: