Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

i used 1/4 4 ply oak as the added support.. so it doesnt take much... then used t-nuts so i could remove the amp and not have to worry about stripping the holes...... i am always gonna use t-nuts from now on

my sister has a zx5, we call it the "fuckus" cause its got soo many weird problems.... wouldnt go near one of them

my buddies keep telling me the zx3 is a chic car, so i respond, "yeah... well girls will love my bangin car, which leads to me bangin them," w00t

whats the max dimensions of the zx3 if i were to do subs up port up?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

If you didn't need to put any batteries in the hatch of the car you can get 37" wideX 22" deep with the seats in the locking position X 18" tall and still be under the window line. I have it to where my seats won't lock in the upright position but it is still possible for someone to sit in my back seat. I'm way above the window line too but I don't care cause I gots 15's :D I haven't had any problems with my ZX3 yet and hope that I don't anytime here in the future. It seems to be a pretty popular car and I've NEVER seen a woman driving one. Mine doesn't look like a chick car at all, especially with the super dark window tint. I'm going to put some rims on it eventually after I get the stereo done. All I have left on the stereo is a 4" component in the A pillars, a ho alt up front, and another D3100 or two in the back.

I'm going to work on the box now. I'll be back with some pics later.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I been working on my box too. Got 6.03 net with 90 ^in of port aera. can't find my camrea so i didn't get any pics

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

hey. builds looking good. just sharing some info between zx3 owners.

if you shave the trim panels that hold the carpet trunk cover then you get get an extra 3 inches on both sides. i did this and then when i was ready to put em back on i just went to ford and bought new ones for 15 bucks. its worth it for the added space and being able to use all of the trunk space.

Posted Image

thought you might like this. svt baby.

Posted Image

how did you get those battery terminals to fit on the battery post screws? i have the same and same battery and my screws are too small, did you get new screws?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

how did you get those battery terminals to fit on the battery post screws? i have the same and same battery and my screws are too small, did you get new screws?

I went to AutoZone and got some charging studs for marine batteries. I then drilled a hole all the way through the stud with one size bit. Next I used a bigger bit about the exact size as the bolt that comes with the battery and drilled all the way down to where there was .25" or so left to go before the hole would be all the way through. Then I sat the charging stud on the battery and threaded the bolt through the top where I drilled the hole at. Then I could tighten the bolt down with an allen key while holding the charging stud with a pair of vice grips. I basically made my own terminal like what comes on pretty much every car battery. I'll take some pics of it when I start to clean up the wiring in the car for you to see.

I've also got some pics uploading that I'll put up in a minute. Thanks for the tip on the side pieces in the hatch area, but I have pleanty of room for the box that I built to fit in there and everything else. I just built the box over the window line and that's fine with me.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Okay here are the new pics for today. I didn't get a ton of work done but it's progress and I'm getting closer to being finished.

Got the second baffle cut out and ready to glue on.

Posted Image

I used some titebond here to glue the baffle onto the first baffle. I also screwed it together with 1 1/4" screws.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I sanded the entire enclosure too. I rounded over all the corners except the bottom of the box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are a few of the box with the subs just sitting in the holes. They fit very snug and look great in there. I wish I would have screwed the outside flares for the aeroports in the box just to see what it was going to look like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tomorrow is looking like resin if it's warm enough. I'm planning on doing some resin and while I'm waiting on it to dry I'm going to go out to my car to clean up the wiring and maybe move the D3100 to the other side of the car. Anyone got any suggestions up to this point? Thanks for looking guys and for all of the positive feedback. I'm sure that you will be impressed with videos of this thing when it's done cause the 12's were absolutely brutal and made the car flex like crazy. I never put up any videos of it, but I'm sure you guys won't let me get away with that on this build :)

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

You're right on teh vidz......Vidz or I'll personally bandt jooo... :lol:

But for real, I'm lookin forward to seein this thing alive. :good:

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

Archived