Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

nice i just hit up the whole thread looks good man

Thanks, hopefully the comp box that I'm building is going to do better numbers that what I've got now. I'm pretty sure that it will cause this box is pretty much just all daily, but does get very loud too.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

looks good man....are you going to the comp only show on the 21th ? I'll be there but not in the mazda. Had a few problems with it so i took it off the road for now. Going to try to get my jeep ready by then. Should have it wired up by sunday if the rain lets up.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

No show on the 21st. I'll be in Ohio visiting my family for the first time in 6 months. The next show I'm going to be at will be April 5th at Eastgate Electronics in High Point, NC. It's going to be a NSPL show as well as a Db Drag show.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

No show on the 21st. I'll be in Ohio visiting my family for the first time in 6 months. The next show I'm going to be at will be April 5th at Eastgate Electronics in High Point, NC. It's going to be a NSPL show as well as a Db Drag show.

where at in ohio??? i wanna hear this monster!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

where at in ohio??? i wanna hear this monster!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

I'm going to be in my wife's car. There's not enough room in my car to carry our dogs and luggage with a huge box and a couple of 15's in it. Also my wife's car gets 40 mpg on the highway so it would be stupid not to have her car for the drive. I will be in Mansfiled Ohio from the 20-22nd.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

I need a demo at US Audio. And Ill get some nice HD vids taken for you :)

For sure. Some HD vids would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

You think you'll be up to bassracing with me in the 139.9 class? I'm coming to Maryland to set up shop in 139.9 :)

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Sounds good man. Ill definitely get some videos up and ready for you, Ill bring my laptop so I can just upload them if I get full since Ill be taking shit tons.

And not sure about the 139.9 though lol, I know I could do the 139.9 with my single 12" but area is the 129.9. I think I could try, but at a 2x I might stick to what im best at lol. Who knows though, we are having a team BBQ and hopefully a TL will be there so I can try and BR the 139.9 and see how it goes hah.

Sounds good man. Ill definitely get some videos up and ready for you, Ill bring my laptop so I can just upload them if I get full since Ill be taking shit tons.

And not sure about the 139.9 though lol, I know I could do the 139.9 with my single 12" but area is the 129.9. I think I could try, but at a 2x I might stick to what im best at lol. Who knows though, we are having a team BBQ and hopefully a TL will be there so I can try and BR the 139.9 and see how it goes hah.

Who from your area does run 139.9 then? I know Nick does, who else? I'm trying to get some of my teamates to come to this show with me as well. It would be a good show for our team captain to break out his no wall vehicle.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

I'm actually looking at getting an Interlinc alt from the guys at Db Linc Designs. If that doesn't work out then I've already talked to Mike at Mechman about one from there.

While I don't know exactly for sure; but I will test for you; the D3100 has probably helped in the .8-1.3 db range. Make sure you get a beast of a battery for the rear. You can do a box that is still 31.5" wide with a D3100 in the back like I did, and is big enough for 2 15's.

My idle voltage is anywhere from 14.1-15.2 depending on how cold it is outside. The colder the better. When I set the NSPL world record last weekend it was 32 or so out and my voltage was 15.18 when I was sitting ready to go through the lanes. Yesterday when Sostl and I were messing around the voltage was hovering at 14.1-14.2 and it was 75 degrees outside. I've never measured the voltage while driving down the highway, but again I will to answer your question.

Also I thought that the stock alt in the ZX3 was a 120 amp unit?

Too bad you weren't closer to NC, cause I'd love to help you get your ZX3 loud. Since I have some pretty decent experience doing it I'm sure that we could easily do 148's in your car after some upgrades. If you need any info at all please don't hesitate to pm me and I'll tell you what I know. What are you thinking about going with in your car as far as subs, amps, and electrical?

i just have an AQ 1200D pushing a modded 12" RE SX in a 2.5 tuned to 34HZ. it's just my daily driver now so i'm not looking to get crazy loud in it. i just bought a 1990 nissan hardbody that i plan to put a wall in and completely attach the camper top and bed to the cab. so thats what i've got ahead of me. car sounds great man. if it wasn't my daily driver i would be doing the same thing your doing cuz these cars get loud easy.

Archived