Nightshade's Focus ZX3 build

Allright here are some of the pillars first. I didn't take any through the begining stages of the build because I hate working with glass and the last thing I want to do is stop what I'm doing and snap a pic with the camera. So I took some after the sanding stage and some with the first coat of textured paint on them. They just need the finished grey coat of paint on them and they'll be ready for the car. Enjoy these and next will be the spl test box.

4" Fusion Powerplant Comps thanks to Adam aka 97Maxima

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sanded and ready for paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pics after the first coat of textured paint that will be painted over with a grey type color.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like these. I might put up the box pics tonight or just save them for tomorrow. We'll see how tired I get.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

They look pretty legit.

The pillars look nice for sure.

I'm still skeptical about fusion so you'll have to give some results when they get put in. :)

Thanks :) I'm not too sure about the Fusion stuff either, but I asked the guys over on UK Streetbassers about them and what price I was paying for them and they said that it was a steal and they are pretty nice. I only paid $25+shipping for them so I figured what the hell I'll give them a try. If I don't like how they sound I'll just replace them with a Diamond Audio 4" component set.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Here's a couple of my prototype spl test box for the Nightshade 15's. If this works it will only be used for comps and the daily box that is in my car right now will stay there the rest of the time. This box is tuned to 44hz, so it should peak right around the resonant frequency of my car which is 50ish hz. It's setup to fire the same exact way as my daily box with subs back and ports up. If it doesn't work I'm going to move the ports to the back of the box so it's like a crx box with subs foward and ports back. I also have a single 15 box in the works but it's not quite finished yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Bump for some pic love http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

nice power numbers, makes me wonder what my box rise is going to to, cause i burp all 4 of my DC PAI 2000.1's(very similer to the sd 2000's) and each amp was making just 2600 plus some change. I Can't wait to see some numbers now and i'm likeing that box, are you going to put a 45 at the bottom corner before the ports and are going to resin the box to smooth it out at all?

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

nice power numbers, makes me wonder what my box rise is going to to, cause i burp all 4 of my DC PAI 2000.1's(very similer to the sd 2000's) and each amp was making just 2600 plus some change. I Can't wait to see some numbers now and i'm likeing that box, are you going to put a 45 at the bottom corner before the ports and are going to resin the box to smooth it out at all?

Bills

Yeah Kurt I'm going to do resin and 45's on it once I actually put it in the car and test it. I did some calculating too and if I plug two of the ports it will drop the tuning down to 36hz. I may actually try and play music on it that way with my port plugs, but it's real design is for spl. I'm hoping for at least a 153 on the dash sealed out of it with the 2 2000's. I'll post up some pics of my other single 15" spl box once I get it finished. It will have a single 8" custom made flared port and will be tuned to 46hz.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Not too much response from the pod pics, spl box, and 2000d power tests. I guess that no one is going to want to see the pods done and installed along with new spl numbers of the 2000d's in my car on both the daily box and the spl box. One response isn't going to cut it either, if you guys want to know what I'm up to you better let me know otherwise I'll stop boring you with my thread ;)

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived