Sundown Audio

Slave Amp Portects

fast85_gt

esh all in a probe?

I bet that wangs pretty good! :)

Im trying to trace your wires and it looks like your rca's are all correct too. hmm

and it looks like all your connections are wired right too on the speaker connections.

And if all your settings a properly set that rules that out too.

You said you changed your RCA's out already,

What rca's did you change out? from headunit to master amp, or master amp to slave amp?

I know some amps are picky on rca's. A few amps dont like stinger rca cords.

Other then that, id assume a internal problem with the slave amp.

Id try unstrapping the amps and run 1 sub per amp at 1 ohm.

and if they work fine, then you know something on the output stage or dirver board isnt messed up.

Then maybe buy a maxxlink and strap the amps with that, or use them as 1 sub per amp and have the maxxlink to give you equal settings on both amps.

have you try'd changing the master and slave amps?

switch the slave to master and master to slave see if that does anything

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

wait......

is this a old pic?

Or do you not have ground wires hooked up on your power input????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Picture325.jpg

yes this was during the install and waiting on tthe ground wire to come in lol and i will try to reverce the amps to see it still does it and i will go down on the gain a little aswell but it was set with a dmm ill let you know

aight thats what i kinda figured, but just wanted to be sure, that would sure cause some problems :)

I didnt even realize it till looking at the picture for about 8 minutes.... :( lol

Another thing that i thought about is your headunit could be giving you a clipped signal.

I see you got a Kenwood, however on alpines the volume goes from 0 to 35 (and increases by 1), but the radios usally clip around volume 26-30.

What does your headunit volume go up too? and what volume is your full tilt?

aight thats what i kinda figured, but just wanted to be sure, that would sure cause some problems :)

I didnt even realize it till looking at the picture for about 8 minutes.... :( lol

Another thing that i thought about is your headunit could be giving you a clipped signal.

I see you got a Kenwood, however on alpines the volume goes from 0 to 35 (and increases by 1), but the radios usally clip around volume 26-30.

What does your headunit volume go up too? and what volume is your full tilt?

no its a jvc 2v head unit it go to 50 but i usually ron it 38 to 42