Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

I have windows 7 as of yesterday and just tonight downloaded the .exe again and it runs fine without dl'ing the .net framework. As long as this prog works is all I care about.

Systems:

Fun Car:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9887

Front sounds: Alpine SPR-175A x2

Front power: RF T400.2 Benched at 265x2 rms @ 2ohm

Subs: RF T1 10 dual 4 Ohm x1

Sub power: RF R500.1

Box yet to be built.

All in a Mazda 323 Hatch in the cargo area only.

Daily hack:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9886

Front sounds: RF T152 5.25" coax x2

Front power: RF Power T400.2

Subs: Alpine SWR-1021d x4

Sub power: RF Power T20001

4.59cuft net 56" of port tuned to 32hz.

Work ute

Deck: Alpine iDA-X303

Speakers front: Stock

Speakers rear: None

Subs: Alpine type S SWS-1040

Amp: Alpine MRV-T320 x1 for woofer.

Box 1.42 cuft 39hz hidden under tray in blow thru design.

New ute to be much different.

hey waht if you have windows 7 and it wont let you down load the /net program?

does the program work? it's possible it's already updated or the calc will already work. it's just common to get an error when trying to open the calc which the .NET update often fixes

uhh thats a negative man.it just says on which program to open it with and the lil icon is all white

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

rename the extension to .exe and try again

joly chit it works lol thanks man...now how would you go on figuering a subs up port back set up wtih this cal?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

can someone help me on how to download this program? im completely stumped on what to do. im a noob when it comes to .exe and shit. feel free to pm me how to download it. THANKS!!

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

joly chit it works lol thanks man...now how would you go on figuering a subs up port back set up wtih this cal?

sweet! haha. by default, it's configured to do sub and port forward/backward (on the same plane basically), so to do sub up and port back, just check the sub up check box and leave the other one unchecked. checking both will do a sub up and port up setup.

can someone help me on how to download this program? im completely stumped on what to do. im a noob when it comes to .exe and shit. feel free to pm me how to download it. THANKS!!

click it and download it. it *should* work right off the bat. if it doesn't, PM me with the problem you're getting. might need to update your .NET framework for it to work (which i have a link to in the first post), or rename the extension which i can walk you through easy enough. the extension issue is new tho, and i've only had a small handful of problems with it thus far. either way i will help you get it working.

• 1 month later...

So I was messing around with this calc and if you make the port bigger it tunes it higher and I've always figured it would tune it lower seeing as to how you have more room for the air to move. Anyone know why this is?

I looked at it as if you exhale really loudly and have your mouth closed and slowly opened it the sound pitch goes down.

So I was messing around with this calc and if you make the port bigger it tunes it higher and I've always figured it would tune it lower seeing as to how you have more room for the air to move. Anyone know why this is?

I looked at it as if you exhale really loudly and have your mouth closed and slowly opened it the sound pitch goes down.

more port area = smaller box = higher tuning. just how the formula/physics work. and the way you describe it is backwards actually. picture humming with your mouth barely open, like the size of a straw while exhaling out of your mouth, then open your mouth and the pitch goes from a low rumble to a higher pitch.

when tuning on thores calc with aero ports, when you put in multiple ports is the length the total length of all the ports together or when you put in lets say 10 inches, is that 10 total inches or is each port 10 inches?

each port would be 10 inches. imagine having one big port and just cutting it in half and putting them on either side of the box. the length would still be the same.

and...i hope that's not how you spelled my name lol :P

Archived