Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

well it doesnt make any sense.. im calculating a box 14x32x23 it needs to be tuned around 34-35hz with 12-14, for this it requires 1 8in port 20inches long or two 6in ports 30inches each? how would this work.. i thought i had it figured out when i thought the inches was total inches, but it makes no sense, i can understand 1 8in at 20 inches, but two 6in ports at 30inchs each? now if that 30inches was total then it would be two 6in ports at 15inchs each, that makes sense.. any help?

most people use 9-13 sq inches per foot for aero ports as a rule of thumb. 2 6" ports will give you 14.72 sq inches per foot (compared to 12.16 sq inches per foot with 1 8" port), but making them 25" long will give you around 35 hz tuning. more port area = higher tuning = longer port to maintain a lower tuning.

if you still have questions, would you mind making a thread for the box questions? as i try to aim to keep this related to the calculator questions/comments. you'll probably get more feedback in your own thread too. thanks

it is not. since some ports have flares, and some do not, while some flares are bigger than others it's up to the user to accommodate for any flare the port may have. good question tho. i should put that in the help button :good:

Thank you for taking the time to do a great box building program. :drinks:

my motto: hit it, quit it, never admit it :D

Thank you for taking the time to do a great box building program. :drinks:

thanks! :drinks:

Diameter is used when you plan to use round ports......

correct. bottom 2 boxes are for round ports only. should be left blank when doing square/slot ports

I was wondering if anyone could design me a upward firing ported box for 4-12s. The 12s need atleast 1.5cu.ft. each and i wanna use a slot or square port that exits towards the rear of vehicle . I have tried downloading the GUI calc. several times and still cannot get it to work. the width is limited to 38in and height to 24in. I figured that i could just make a 38x38x24in box and cut a hole, but I want a more proffessional quality design seeing as this will be the only box I build for this vehicle. If anyone can help PM me.

Archived