Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

Sir I've got a question on the calculator. I'm not bashing at all I love this thing just wish it was around twenty or so yrs ago lol. When doing box layouts I notice that the volumes are different than mine on paper and real mesurments. I put in my figures in the desired spot is this what needs to be done sir? Or do I need to reinstall the program. Like I said I'm not bashing or complaining just wondering.

Got it., had to move the .uexe outside the .zip, got rid of u changed it to .exe and it works now. Bootcamp FTMFW btw for you mac users.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Sir I've got a question on the calculator. I'm not bashing at all I love this thing just wish it was around twenty or so yrs ago lol. When doing box layouts I notice that the volumes are different than mine on paper and real mesurments. I put in my figures in the desired spot is this what needs to be done sir? Or do I need to reinstall the program. Like I said I'm not bashing or complaining just wondering.

that is correct. if you have just box measurements, put that in the desired gross volume box. that way when you enter displacements and port measurements, the additional displacements will be taken out. if you know what net volume you want, then you put that in the desired net volume box so you can adjust the port to how you want with the set net volume. but to me it sounds like you want to put yours in the desired gross volume

and glad you guys got it working. i finally got a new version of visual studio to use, and i'm hoping to get it to an installer package rather than working from an executable file. hopefully that will prevent a lot of problems

that is correct. if you have just box measurements, put that in the desired gross volume box. that way when you enter displacements and port measurements, the additional displacements will be taken out. if you know what net volume you want, then you put that in the desired net volume box so you can adjust the port to how you want with the set net volume. but to me it sounds like you want to put yours in the desired gross volume

and glad you guys got it working. i finally got a new version of visual studio to use, and i'm hoping to get it to an installer package rather than working from an executable file. hopefully that will prevent a lot of problems

Yes sir, that is what I meant to say sorry. This is what I did with the box that is going to be built. I think I messed up on the woofer displacement though.

untitled.jpg

If it makes any difference 10 12" subs are going in this box. With the woofer displacement the tuning is going to off now crap. At least I just have to redo the port lol.

just as a note, any number in the 'desired gross volume' text box will override any dimensions you have entered in for the box. and likewise, any number entered in the 'desired net volume' text box will override both the 'desired gross volume' box as well as any dimensions entered. so right now the calculator is seeing 19.2 as net volume, and nothing as gross volume from the dimensions entered nor the 'desired gross volume' text box

Thanks at least I have a chance to correct it. So does this make the port figures off then. I'm trying to learn to use this to it's fullest and correctly. So I can play with more box builds for me. But thanks for giving more understanding of how this works. I can only read so much of the instruction before it stops. Do you think this will still work the way it is laid out. I'll post anymore box questions in the right place after this. Thanks

Archived