Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

I have a question. I dont wanna go through 30 pages to find it though. Can someone tell me, if I wanted to do an L port (sub forward and port forward), how many common port walls that would be? I only have one sub, which is a solo x 18. Also, if my box depth is 21 inches and kicker says my port should be 21 inches long, where do I start the L at? Does it matter? Im assuming that since my port width is 5 inches wide, that the L part of the port needs to have a distance of 5 inches from the back wall as well. I appreciate any help

For a single port both calculators will give the same, for multiple port Torres failed last time I checked so use the PPI, one thing you should be aware of is that PPI needs the net internal volume.

thank you, i kinda guessed that was the issue cause single port was far closer then trying to measure 2

I have a question. I dont wanna go through 30 pages to find it though. Can someone tell me, if I wanted to do an L port (sub forward and port forward), how many common port walls that would be? I only have one sub, which is a solo x 18. Also, if my box depth is 21 inches and kicker says my port should be 21 inches long, where do I start the L at? Does it matter? Im assuming that since my port width is 5 inches wide, that the L part of the port needs to have a distance of 5 inches from the back wall as well. I appreciate any help

put 3 as the common walls. and yes you're correct on 5" from the back wall

You might have the older version, i can't tell for sure. Try changing the port width or length, just type the same number in again and see if anything changes. If it does, you will need to download the new version.

The screenshot is kind of hard to read on my screen.

put 3 as the common walls. and yes you're correct on 5" from the back wall

Thanks torres. I have another question though on your calculations for the port length. Can you help me out? Ill post a screen shot of what I typed in. Im shooting for a 10 cu ft box with 1.84 cube port at 150 inch area for the port. Im really close. I dont know the cutout designs for the port.

TORRESYAY_zps895bb886.jpg

Theres the picture of the dimensions. How is the cut out for my port supposed to be , it only says too complex to display, but it says it bends, and I dont know the length of the second half. I can easily calculate the pirt part of the L since I know it just has to be 6 inches of clearance from the back wall. Im not too savy with finding port length. I typed in 19.5 for physical dimension, so Do i subtract 19.5 from the length that it will take(12.75) to make the first part, and use that difference for the second half of the L? I want this thing tuned to 35 precisely and dont wanna waste wood and time by not asking haha. I know port distance is measure a weird way....

It says too complex to display. I would just like a cut out sheet list for the port in order to get my box to preform like said ^. I got the first one. it should be 12 inches by 24.5. But im not sure about the bend part, because og competence or whatever its called. Im cutting out all the wood tomorrow so if u could get back at me id appreciate it! And strange duck helped me get a visual of how it will look. Ill attach it to this message. We both were kinda confused as to how it really works

TORESSSSSSSSSS_zps667589c6.jpg

torresbooooooooooooo_zps51d11eb4.jpg

You might have the older version, i can't tell for sure. Try changing the port width or length, just type the same number in again and see if anything changes. If it does, you will need to download the new version.

The screenshot is kind of hard to read on my screen.

I already used two versions of this program... Both experiments gave me different results... :(

• 1 month later...

Probably beating a dead horse with this ? but,

The physical port length value, is that the centerline measurement of the port or the length of the interior port wall?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Archived