Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

The only change I would like to see is a save feature so instead of having to write it down or screen print thing you can just save it and then bring it back up to save you the time of inputing all of the numbers again. But thats just my opinion

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the fast answer. This is a two part shaped box so i am just using the volumes from your calculator. So if the second bend DOES use a outside corner and only bends 90 degrees I DO subtract the port height a second time like the calculator does for the first 90 Degree bend? The reason I ask is the back halve of my box is taller than the front (port vertical, not crx) and the back part of the port will have a false ceiling. I think I should keep the port along the wall so the false ceiling can carry thru to th next corner and the inside opening of the port has a ceiling and only one edge open. (keeping end correction right?)

If i DO NOT check either port box this would be correct for a square port in the middle of the box with 4 open sides on the inside? Is the displacement true without the port boxes checked?

Thanks again in advance.

Bounus question: What program will let me draw an overhead view of the box and lets me number All the lenghts of everything on the picture?

nope, still dont have to subtract any extra numbers. and try google sketchup. great free program. takes a little getting used to, but after you do it's a breeze

I would appreciate the pm. Thanks. I only really do labryinth ports on boxes that are restricted to a certain outer dimension which is a lot. I'm guessing the next update will be able to calculate and display the correct net volume after all displacements? Do you have an idea of when this will be available?

Thanks for everything.

i'm about to go outside to pack up my 18's, so i'll do it when i get back inside. i'm going to double check as much of the new calculator as i can before i post it. even then there may still be errors as i can only check so much :P but it should be about as precise as precise can get. besides the labryinth port, i think i included a box to input just about anything. and even then, i'll have to check on paper, but a labryinth port may not differ from a normal bending port. i'll have to check tho. but hopefully as i get over a couple of these bumps as far as the different depths and heights, it'll be up ASAP.

The only change I would like to see is a save feature so instead of having to write it down or screen print thing you can just save it and then bring it back up to save you the time of inputing all of the numbers again. But thats just my opinion

that's already in. and it's functioning perfectly :)

• 1 month later...

hahahah i was wondering if anyone would notice that lol. and the reason why is because in the old one, the shorter distance HAD to be in port height for end correction in slot ports (was listed in the first post when the old one was up for download). now with the new one, you can put any dimension in for width and height. so in the old one, you're getting 7" of extra port length compared to 2.5 which is what you should be getting. that's the reason for the difference.

also mouse, press the print screen button on your keyboard and paste the picture into paint. then load it to photobucket and paste it here. i'm coming up with 5.5" of port length. reason the calculator does this is because the distance from the port wall to the end of the box needs to be more or equal to the smaller distance of the port. in your case, you're 5.25" from the port to the back of the box which is smaller than the 8" x 8" of the port which would cause a slight pinch in the port.

and you're welcome lownoma :)

hahahah i was wondering if anyone would notice that lol. and the reason why is because in the old one, the shorter distance HAD to be in port height for end correction in slot ports (was listed in the first post when the old one was up for download). now with the new one, you can put any dimension in for width and height. so in the old one, you're getting 7" of extra port length compared to 2.5 which is what you should be getting. that's the reason for the difference.

so i basically need more port length is what your saying. i was always confused about end correction.

• 2 weeks later...

KK oh well, I still don't understand the whole end correction thing that was confusing as all hell. It was my first box and it still sounds good so!

Thanks for the clarification. This should definitely come in handy for my future boxes and thanks again for all your hard work you the mane!!

end correction is just an imaginary length that is half the height (or width, depending on how you look at it) of the port that the sub sees that only exists in slot ports. say a box is 15" high, and the port is 13.5" x 4", then end correction will be 2". so the box will play as if the port is 2" longer. that is all.

cool beans man! i'm glad you came up with this..just in time for my next build..although it won't be 8-12's, just 2 little 15's but it's all i got and i'm proud of it..thanks and i'm sure it'll produce great results..thx

i hope it does! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great calculator! One thing though, can you add an option for 0.625" (5/8") for Wood Thickness?

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

Thank you so much! Now I can use the 5/8" MDF from my previous box! :yahoo:

Just need a shat load of bracing though. lol

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

Archived