Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18

Torres

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you have a perfectly square box, the height and width will be different than the width and depth. So if you have multiple baffles, the displacement of those baffles will change depending where the sub is placed. Port displacement will also change if it's not on the baffle side with multiple baffles. And if the height is much shorter than the depth, it may bend (which is displayed in the box along with physical port length). Tho that won't necessarily effect tuning

i used your calc for a slotted port with 1 common wall but on the cut sheet the numbers dont look right. i have the port at

H 3in

W 24.5in

L 17

and it says the cut is

Port top/bottom 3'' x 16.25''

Port sides 26'' x 16.25''

but i think they are backwards or somethin, but is the tuning and everything else still right?

those look right to me. but yeah the dimensions looked switched tho too *sigh* lol such silly things keep passing by. so yeah you'll need two sides that are 3" x 16.25" for the sides, the the top piece is 26" by 16.75". just keep in mind that the box wall accounts for the other .75" in the calc (bringing your length to the desired 17"). i've been tweaking it here n there, and i went to check those measurements myself and they keep showing "N/A" lol. something else to fix now :drink40:

those look right to me. but yeah the dimensions looked switched tho too *sigh* lol such silly things keep passing by. so yeah you'll need two sides that are 3" x 16.25" for the sides, the the top piece is 26" by 16.75". just keep in mind that the box wall accounts for the other .75" in the calc (bringing your length to the desired 17"). i've been tweaking it here n there, and i went to check those measurements myself and they keep showing "N/A" lol. something else to fix now :drink40:

ok so will that change anything since its backwards?

28 Hz to low for daily tune on btl 18?

lol nothing to do with my calculator...but yeah i agree with altima. anything below 33 hz is kinda useless for daily listening unless you listen to lots of chopped and screwed music

ok so will that change anything since its backwards?

nothing will change. the names of the cuts just needs to be switched and you're good to go. they'll still be assembled the same

Used this to get measurements on a box with a little more then 3^ft for three 10 inch subs and it says my port will only be 3 inches high X 5 inches wide X 5 inches in length to tune to 33.58hz. Is that right? That just seems mighty small for a 2400watt speaker box port?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

look on all parts of the calculator. there's a box that gives a general ballpark range for port area. for roughly 3 cubes, it suggests 36-48 sq inches of port where you currently have 15 sq inches. so while the tuning may be right, there's just not enough port area for that box

Archived