Some one explain to this dumbass his electrical isn't enough!

Friend of mine is trying to give me competition and just put two 18" Solo Xs in his 01 navigator.

To start off with his box sounds like a piece of shit...6 6" pvc ports, tunned to I don't know what but it sounds like shit!

Now check this out...

Stock alternator...1 run of 1/0 gauge to the batteries in the back...

Everstate battery under the hood

Optima yellow top in the back as well as a Kinetik HC2400.

He expects to power 3 MA Audio HK4400d (whatever model it is), the amps that do 4,000rms @ 17v  :sarcasm:

He also daisy chained every amp... The speakers barely play at the same time it's horrible... The box is wrapped in wall paper  :lol:

Uhh horrible... Explain to him in whatever way you want his electrical won't due... Me trying to be a good friend explained to him the least he can do is upgrade the alternator but he says "nah man i don't need to...our cars come with monster alternators, those shits are big as fuck! I just need another Kinetik"  :meh:

I've gotten rid of friends for building shit systems like that. Tell him if he wants to be your friend he needs to listen to you, then you need to step up and help rebuild. Shit I just spilt my coffee

Not to sound like I know every thing but I do know way more than any one does about car audio in my area...I'm sure most of you do too in your area.

I told him I would have helped him out but he wants to look like he knows his shit and connected/built every thing with his cousin.. System is a complete POS...I wouldn't show off a system like that...Two 18" Solo Xs should make it hard for people to sit in the car..It's just slightly louder than my old two 15" L7s...You actually notice the voltage drops...It plays loud for 2 seconds and dies down.

yea offer to rebuild his shit for a small fee. that aint enough juice. hell, half the amps from at alt are goin to just the batteries. [glow=red,2,300]and wallpaper?[/glow] wtf?

:lol: Same thing I was thinking when I saw it... I just sent my friend a text that's in school to try to get some pics for you guys after school so you guys can have a good laugh.

sucks to have a friend like that bro. i don't know a lot about car audio either(then again i'm better than the average). but i know what it takes to make  a system sound good and loud. we all know it starts at the h/u, then the rca(s)/speaker wires/ proper power and ground wire(s),  a solid enclosure, subs and then a good electrical. some people just don't like to listen. that's why i do what i can with my system and show them up, that way when they see what i have done(big 3, line driver, good rca(s), solid built enclosures and good h/u), they know where i'm coming from and where i stand. i say do your own thing and pull up on him and bang him out in front of all your homeboys along with some chicks. that'll make him listen to your advice then when he's embarrassed a few times.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I would start with the electrical. The Alt, batteries and wires are the hart of the system. With out that! all you will have is a system starving for power. Especialy trin to run mulitaple 4000w amps

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

I would start with the electrical. The Alt, batteries and wires are the hart of the system. With out that! [glow=red,2,300]all you will have is a system starving for power.[/glow] Especialy trin to run mulitaple 4000w amps

Pretty much what I told him...It's like talking to a wall  :calm:

I would start with the electrical. The Alt, batteries and wires are the hart of the system. With out that! all you will have is a system starving for power. Especialy trin to run mulitaple 4000w amps

now that's true to start with the electrical. as for a cat like me and some other i started out with a lil 600 max amp so there was no need for an electrical upgrade. but if i came from nothing and went straight to pushing 4000+watts rms then i'd heed and listen to my friends and what they suggest. as for us a this moment and time as have smd.com to play and learn things from others.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module