Saturn+wall=loud.

so im sure some people thought id have pics up of a walled off Saturn.. well not yet, that is what my post is about..after a long debate, i want to wall off my 95 Saturn SC2.. not sure what size subs, subs, and amps i want to use yet.. i probably wont be doing this til summer anyways, so im not going to ask for suggestions yet, because i think its dumb to ask for suggestions on things when you arent even close to gettin ready to buy the crap, anyway i emailed a couple Alt places, EA, Iraggi..etc.. all of them said they can Only do a 200amp alt. well thats cool and not cool.. i have some problems.. how much power do you think i will be able to run off of that size of an alt? how many batteries will i be able to use, so they will be properly charged. i have seen a couple run close to 10,000rms of an alt that is less than 300amps, and they seem to be fine..

ill update with my plans, once i do my measurements and see how many cf i can get out of her..

98 Grand Cherokee
HU: JVC KDHDR20
Comps: Helix E62C & Alpine Type S
Sub: 12" RF HX2
Box: 3cf tuned to 30hz
Sub Amp: Kicker KX600.1
Comp Amp: None yet
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarr3ll/
^^^my slowed music^^^

ok, lets say you have a stock alt.. well obviously you wont be able to run 4000rms or more off of it for very long, well how much do you think ill be able to do with this 200amp alt? basically, will i be able to run 5000rms or more off of it fine?

98 Grand Cherokee
^^^my slowed music^^^

Lets use steve meade as an example, he has dual 300 amp alts and runs 20,000+ watts rms off them. of course there are also 7 fat ass batteries in the hoe and im not exactly sure how long he can have it on full blast.  :detective2:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

well with my current system, i like to have it full tilt, which it only does around 140 on music, which is loud i guess but im used to it, now its a whole different story when doing high 140's to 150's on music, but id like to be able to "throw down" without straining my electrical system real bad.. thats what im wondering, how much power could i run and not make my electrical system suffer tremendously..would i be ok with around 5000rms? i know i wont Really know til the time comes, but id like to get an idea.. im thinking of getting a couple of Eagle Pichers or something.

98 Grand Cherokee
^^^my slowed music^^^

:-X You'll probably be fine as long as you have a couple of kinetik hc2400's or somethin with multiple runs of 1/0 gauge. but you aint gonna be able to beat down the block with out gettin bigger or more alts. what im sayin is you would be fine for a few seconds on what you got.

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

it would be impossible to add another alt in my car.. thats why i was wondering, and wanting to know how many batteries ill be able to run.. because i want the best voltage i can get.. and not have my system drop anywhere near below 12.5 also, what do you mean ill be fine for a few seconds?

98 Grand Cherokee
^^^my slowed music^^^

Well i mean you wont be able to drive around town with all 5000rms blaring with a 200 amp alt. you can have as many batteries as you want but eventually they will go dead because you wont have enough current to keep them charged. So in other words, you could have your 5000rms off of that alt with enough batteries but the batteries would start to have a voltage drop after a min or less. you get what im sayin? otherwise il be happy to help further.  :D

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Update.. after talking with some people.. i dont think i will go with the wall after all, for a few reasons, like the visibility law, cost of the stuff id need to do the wall, etc.. so i think im going to start "small" and just seal off my trunk and do a couple 12"s with 2500rms or so..

98 Grand Cherokee
^^^my slowed music^^^