Second Skin Audio

What Would Be The Loudest In Here

Bluebrindle

I have a 12mm ply bulkhead fitted in my van.(sprinter van with 3 front seats, i think they are maybe a dodge sprinter in the states) This will be reinforced with another 18mm layer but before i start cutting the sub cut out i want to determine which will be loudest/best.

Currently my box is fixed to the bulkhead and the sub fires into the cab, its a bit rough so gonna tidy it all up.

currently the sub is as shown in the top left of my dodgy sketches :raz: yes its pretty loud but as the port is offset and the sub is slightly offset from the middle i wonder if it could be improved. the port is well out the way behind the seats

which of the 3 sketches is likely to be loudest?

I,m thinking the bottom left pic with the sub at the bottom and the port at the top, the port would be slightly shielded by the back of the front seats but still open and allowing plenty of air flow. the port would be about 6" from the back of my head though, would that have a negative downside (apart from blowing air onto my head) the port doesnt chuff or anything like that.

cheers

subsketch015.jpg

the box is turned a different way? no clue what is the diff

Yep its the same box just turned different ways, my drawing skills never were any good :01nocomment8so:

I see you have a sprinter too, good for bass :clapping:

I just want to get the most out of what i have but cant really try each different method as i would have to cut the fuck out of the bulkhead. i just wondered if there was a general rule which was better. its similar to a wall but just with one sub.

i am guessing that the lower left drawing will be the way to go with the port at or just below head hight.

looks like the same box just rotated.....

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Archived