Second Skin Audio

2 subs only playing 1

thegr8cody

i have 2 18" btls in a single chamber box,its 12 cubic feet with 140 sq inches of port i was wondering if i only play one if it will effect the other sub,i only have the money for one of my amps right now so i was wondering if i can hook up one and not screw up either of the subs

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

That would definately have a bad effect on the other sub.  It's doubling everything for it.  Not something I would do.  That's why I like separate chambers, so you can run only 1 sub if you have a need to.  sry man theres not really a way around it unless you build a new box with 2 chambers, or just one single sub box.  That's probably the best thing to do is to build a box for one of them.  And let the other one sit until youre ready

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Well he already has the other sub, or it sounds like it.  And using a passive radiator in a box two times the size won't work.  A passive radiator acts as a port, meaning that you still need the correct size box, and no port.  You could use your second sub as a passive radiator, but not in that box.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

just hook up both subs of the one amp for now. it wont hurt to underpower them as long as you keep the gain on the turned down alittle so it doesnt clip.  this should be just as loud as runnin just 1 and then you dont have to wait

Archived