Sundown Audio

My Kenwood Amp Gets Hot =/

Jeep03

ITs not the amp! i know its not. When i set it back down to 1 on sensitivity instead of 0.5 its alot cooler. I just looked at the manual and from 0.5 down to .2 the wattage increases from 12 watts to 14 watts. So thats probably why. So ima go back to default and we wire my speakers and hopefully it helps with the cooling. If not im going to fking Staples and buying a Laptop cooler and sticking that underneath my amp xD. IF i wanna go cheap ima by 8 little 4" fans blowing on that sucker.

spade terminals are cheap, you speaker wires look horrible

and your subs are getting full range sound, switch it to lowpass and set it at about 80-90 hz

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Thanks for the advice stephen will do so.

@Memphis oh i thought u said it was a defective amp xD. Yea anything brigged is going to get the amp hot. Always!. Thats what i was trying to avoid. But isnt that what im basically going to do in the pic that they posted ?

as long as my amp doesnt overheat xD. If it feels hotter ill just go back and re-do it again. Im thinking about upgradeing to 1/0 wire. and if i can.. i dont know.. but was thinking about the Big 3 because my lights kinda dim. Very little though. Can a 4 gauge wire do the job?

it should be fine with just the 4 gauge, it depends on how much wattage, whats your wattage? im running 6 gauge in mine and im pushin only a 1500 watt rockford fosgate, and it does good, enough to drop my voltage to 12.4 while at idle. the 4 gauge will allow more current so im thinkin you would be at about the same position as u are in.. the big 3 would help i havent done it myself, cause im lazy so i dont know how much it would help

Archived