Tweeter Placement

CrashHole

I have a set of old school mtx tweeters with the crossovers I am wanting to put in my PT. I currently have kicker DS600 6 1/2's in the front and rear doors with 2 kicker 200.2 amps running each pair. Problem with the kickers is when the tweeters get warm they cut out and then it sounds like crap.

I am not sure where the tweeters would sound the best so my question is:

Dash?

Pillars?

Door panels?

No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers

Total Amp

Sony HU

As crazy as it sounds.... the kicks or as far in that direction as you can. Close to the mids as possible and as far away from your ear as you can get them. That sounded the best and imaged the best for me.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Didnt think about the kick panels as I figured that was too far down. I figured the dash area would be the best but I'm not sure.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

Total Amp

Sony HU

In my van, I have had them in the doors, on the dash, (not in the pillars- but the dash was pretty close), and now they are in the kicks (if an Astro has such). I put them as low, as far forward and to the left and right as I could. I also put them very close to the door pods I made. It Images better than it ever did and sounds better.

To each their own, you may like it better with a different sound. That is just what worked for me. Why not try them in all of the different locations without making anything final- just a quick mock up with lots of extra wire to move them around? See what sounds best for you in your car.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

yeah i was gonna say the closer to the center of the mid you get the better it sounds i know this sounds crazy but i actually wired one up and played with it for awhile and you can actually hear a difference in clarity the closer you bring the tweeter to the mid

must be nice huh

The kickers in the doors have tweets in them, but they cut out when they get warm.

distortion....

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

That might be the issue. It's weird though because lets say I am playing rap on volume level 21...highs cut out. Play some pop like Michael Jackson on same level or up a notch or 2, the highs are fine.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

Total Amp

Sony HU

Yep... prob clipped signal. Tweets feel the pain first.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel