Sundown Audio

Mulitiple Amps To 1 Woofer

SubSonic

Ok well like the title says, i was just wondering if its fine to run the leads of 2 or 3 amps to one woofer terminals?? is this bad or can i damage the amps?? please lmk thanks!!!

Your amps need to be stappable, and you could hook 2 amps to one sub, use a dmm to gain match the amps and put one on each coil. But i would just strap the amps if they are capable of it.

Also i think maxxonics has something called a maxxlink, i think it match the outputs of 5 or 6 amps. but im not sure on it.

Ok well like the title says, i was just wondering if its fine to run the leads of 2 or 3 amps to one woofer terminals?? is this bad or can i damage the amps?? please lmk thanks!!!

well few things to consider are the amps strapable? if not if your sub is a DVC

you can run one amp to one coil and another to the other coil, but then you would

have to gain match which isnt always reliable and easier to cause coil damage

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

also, when your tunning mutilple batts, and a cap or 2 caps, do the batts come first then cap then the amp??

Yea battery, to cap, to amp.

the battery gives the power reserve to the cap, and the cap gives it to the amp.

But it doesnt seem like there is a use for caps when you already have another battery.

pretty sure you might short something connecting leads from different amps.. unless the amps can be strapped together like rockfords bd sync but even then your only using 2 leads................ But then ive heard of ppl using 2 of the same amps and hooking 1 to each coil (on a dvc sub) I wouldnt recommend it.

you could put upwords of 4 amps to 1 sub

M= master S= slave

fdflk.jpg

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0