Man Saves Lives, Gets A Ticket

Man Saves lives, gets ticket

DENVER – A good Samaritan who helped push three people out of the path of a pickup truck before being struck and injured has gotten a strange reward for his good deed: A jaywalking ticket.

Family members said 58-year-old bus driver Jim Moffett and another man were helping two elderly women cross a busy Denver street in a snowstorm when he was hit Friday night.

Moffett suffered bleeding in the brain, broken bones, a dislocated shoulder and a possible ruptured spleen. He was in serious but stable condition Wednesday.

The Colorado State Patrol issued the citation. Trooper Ryan Sullivan said that despite Moffett's intentions, jaywalking contributed to the accident.

Moffett had been driving his bus when the two women got off. In the interest of safety, he got out and, together with another passenger, helped the ladies cross.

Moffett's stepson, Ken McDonald, said the driver of the pickup plowed into his stepfather, but not before Moffett pushed the two women out of the way.

When he awoke in intensive care, he learned of the ticket. "His reaction was dazed and confused. I was a little angry," said McDonald.

The other man also was cited for jaywalking, while the pickup driver was cited with careless driving that led to injury. Sullivan said the two elderly women haven't been cited but the investigation is ongoing.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Yeah, Yahoo! is my homepage so everytime i load up i look at the their top news and this was there.. I couldn't believe it. Could you be anymore of a jackas$.... cops these days have nothing better to do..

jaywalkin is illegal :fyi: if they didnt walk at the wrong time/place noone would get hit. true fact. i think a headlight to the ribcage is enough punishment though

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout :(--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

Check out my Toyota build

jaywalkin is illegal :fyi: if they didnt walk at the wrong time/place noone would get hit. true fact. i think a headlight to the ribcage is enough punishment though

yeah i recognize jaywalking is illegal.. but how many times do you see a bus stop and riders get off and walk across the street, more often than not, they are not going to walk to the nearest intersection and cross. I've never seen jaywalking enforced.. and that is a hell of a time to start..

Welcome to Denver is about all I can say...lol

EDIT: CSP has withdrawn the ticket... :D

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?sto...7&catid=339

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD