Second Skin Audio

Quick Port ?

hi all i have seen a feww threads on hear that might be ok to post on but decided to just start from scratch to find some info.i bought a 98 bonneville and started tryin to figure out what would make our family happy with the sounds. right now we have a 12 mtx 7500 and a Kenwood KAC-8104D to power it. my ? is about a enclosure port. the idea for the car is to be simple and stealthy. i first off made a sealed box that fit side to side and very shallow to go right behind the rear seat. well sealed is , well not enough so i put together a slot ported box with the mtx specs and sounds better just not the right fit at all. so now here i am with a few numbers for box 3 and would apreciate any ideas or advice i can get. dimensions im lookin at are H-15" W-35" D-10 and would be 2.22 cuft. problem is i want it ported and if anybody can give some ideas on width,lenght etc for something like this you would be a pal forever :drinks: and this is more sq than spl. thanks for givin your time and thanks

i have a pic of the first sealed box that im kinda wantin the same style of, just ported. if any one could point me in the right direction how to post pics lol like i said im not the smartest with computers but im workin on it for sure. :fool:

i have a pic of the first sealed box that im kinda wantin the same style of, just ported. if any one could point me in the right direction how to post pics lol like i said im not the smartest with computers but im workin on it for sure. :fool:

Go to Photobucket and sign up for a free account. When done it will ask you if you would like to upload photos from your computer. Click allow to the pop-ups for this site, then you will be able to search for your pictures, when you have found them, click em and click upload. When they are uploaded there will be stuff asking if you want to add comments, you can fill that out or skip it, when done with that you will have a page with your pictures and underneath look for the box saying bb code. copy and paste that into a reply or edited post, click preview and you should see it. If not you can PM me and Ill try to help if that has been confusing.

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

Go to Photobucket and sign up for a free account. When done it will ask you if you would like to upload photos from your computer. Click allow to the pop-ups for this site, then you will be able to search for your pictures, when you have found them, click em and click upload. When they are uploaded there will be stuff asking if you want to add comments, you can fill that out or skip it, when done with that you will have a page with your pictures and underneath look for the box saying bb code. copy and paste that into a reply or edited post, click preview and you should see it. If not you can PM me and Ill try to help if that has been confusing.

cool cool thanks man im all over it.

thanks too krannyman,ill work on gettin some dif numbers or what not. ill get the pic of my sealed box up in a bit after messin with the kids and then the visual will be up on what im goin for too. the basic slot ported box from mtx gives a 2.0 cuft enclosure. ha screw it ill post pics of both boxes, tryin to get the best of both worlds if possible. thanks again for the fast replies and ill be back after a bit. :friends:

say krannyman thanks for that link. got home and was checkin it out and think that will get me where i need to be. ill try it out and let ya know how things work out and if i can get photobucket to work ill try to get some pics of it all. slow process though cuz in northern MN its cold as a mofo for sure :crazy:

008.jpg ok cool it works. i just went up in the world lol. this is sealed box and gonna get some dif pics up as soon as this sd card will load. one thing after another today haha

005.jpg

008-1.jpg

here are the two boxes . tryin to get a ported box about the size of the narrower sealed box. any suggestions are appreciated.

i guess i should give a lil more info on what im lookin for. port- i want a slot port but how wide\long for best sound. RE enclosure calculator says with a box with measurements of W-35xD1-11,D2-11xH-15 square port 1.5" wide,port length 1 is 8.75,port length 2 5" will be box volume of 2.284 and tuning of a lil over 34. does anybody think this idea would work. just tryin to make things fit. thanks for your time reading this